• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Do You Consider Your Greatest Achievement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Myself and I

MyPTSD Pro
Learning to speak English is what I consider one of my greatest achievemnts. I live in a contry (Libya) where education had been always neglected, and since 2011 the situation drastically worsened due to the circumstances of the country and what it is going through.
Furthermore, those who decide to study languages will have to double the effort, because as I experienced in first person, those who teach you are not fully competent, nor do they get the appropriate preparation or techniques to teach you a language. This made learning English a bit difficult, yet again, it did not stop me.

I have always loved languages, English in particular, so I promised myself that I will not depend and rely exclusively on school or on my teachers, therefore, I began to look up classes on internet, read books in English, keep track of the best languages websites and communities, in other words (I became obsessed) :laugh:

I am still not a perfect English speaker, but I do consider myself quite good! :D
Annnd... Added to that, I am now a qualified English as a second language private teacher (Certified from an American institute), hoping that I can make a change and help my students see education and learning a language in a new light!

Ooops... I got maybe carried away a bit too much!! :whistling:

Surviving the birth and death of my severely handicapped little girl, and raising my son to have a good work ethic, to know how to love and be loved, and to be a great husband and daddy!
Also, being able to care for my parents in their older years.

I was able to be with my daughter and my dad when they passed away. I made it through both, becoming closer to God, and I learned how to accept that loving deeply, means that I grieve deeply.

I have also learned that I am good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back