• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you do for fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
We sometimes get so wrapped up in PTSD we forget to have fun.

My guy and I play alot of games. Yahtzee, clue, card games and I love kicking his butt in battleship!

We also love getting outdoors all year. I'll research parks in our area and like to go to ones we've never been to. Pack a lunch, dress for the weather and hit the road.

We spend alot of time together, alone. He's not a fan of crowds let alone people. So we do things we can do on our own.

In the summer we love to hang with my family at my sisters cabin up north. Fishing. Biking. Swimming. Walking. Bonfires. BBQ 's. Eating. Drinking and laughing.

What do you guys do? Just wondering and looking for ideas too.

We have to get back to our creative side.

J is an awesome artist and he plays guitar. I'm more into recycling projects. Thanks for the reminder @Ronin.

We like making up silly games too. Even play hide and seek in the house on cold rainy days.

Ahhh, yes, @Ronin ....the breathI My new favorite hobby, by far, along with my fork.

• I like to make hula hoops and share them with folks
  • craft old things that have outlived their original purpose
  • research things that help me innerstand and live more comfortably within myself
  • actively unlearn more of the (what I've come to know as) bullshit that needlessly takes up too much of my mind space
  • learn new ways to more kindly and mindfully consume and enjoy the ripple effects
  • the hubby does more crafting of things that require bigger power tools and such and makes some really cool and useful things, and kindly teaches me the steps if I show interest
  • learn a little more each day how to nutritionally craft our way through tasty healthy dishes and beverages that helps fuel our passions even more by actually nurturing our beings
  • spend every minute I can out in nature
  • forage for wild sustenance and herbal infusion ingredients
  • plant stuff, grow stuff, be it edible stuff or indoor air cleaners
  • go treasure hunting at thrift/consignment shops
  • let loose at the grocery store or other retail outlet/eatery by freely singing and dancing to the extent we/I can w/o getting kicked out...lol (that's more of a me thing than a we thing...lol)
  • start random conversations with strangers in random places
  • lose ourselves in mindless television until we can no longer stand the damn commercials
  • watch old looney tunes cartoons and other similar classics that make us laugh
  • catching favorite live music jams outdoors when the weather cooperates
  • work on making our living spaces fun, comfortable, and functional
  • enjoy watching the wild life that visits
  • we enjoy cranking up favorite jams and singing and dancing while we cook and clean or craft things
  • we enjoy helping others when we can, be it cook a meal, share homegrown ingredients, share what we have, etc.
  • we equally enjoy being comfortable in our own quiet spaces either together or far apart, as needed

1. Making models. Airplanes mostly. Although two of my models ended up on the floor in pieces (rage attack). So I´ve decided to put that off until I have a solid display case.
  2. Hiking. I can just set foot out of the door, with no idea of where I want to go, and end up somewhere really far away (and having to hike back).
  3. Survival. I love learning about bushcraft stuff, like how to light a fire without matches, build shelters.
  4. Fixing stuff. I love fixing furniture, but especially building new furniture. I recently fixed my smartphone hardware (proud)!
  5. Trying to play musical instruments. I currently only have an harmonica, but I am set on getting a drumkit again in the future.
  6. I love gardening but I haven´t had an inch of soil to work on in a freaking lifetime (GrrRr).
  7. Playing ridiculous games with animals and taking care of animals.
  8. I´ve been experimenting with cultivating an authentic presence in public. Which means "being truly me", including any terrible jokes or facial expressions, and doing eccentric things without minding others. It´s fun in a terrifying way.
  9. Challenging myself to go on solo adventures. For example hiring a motored dinghy and going for a spin with it.

Train and compete with my dogs. It is the one thing that brings me joy. Connection. Relationship. Sometimes it also drags me down into a crying heap. But that’s about me, not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back