• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fern

Confident
What do you do when you keep having recurring thoughts and feelings that you can't live anymore, and they become more frequent, like every day?

What do you do when you keep having recurring thoughts and feelings that you can't live anymore, and they become more frequent, like every day?
I have suicide rules, from the first time I was suicidal for 5 years, that I’m quite happy with // They’ve done me in good stead for the last 9 years that I’ve been suicidal on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Is it a thought @fern , or a belief? I was thinking about this a lot lately, that having something to live for, and having things you can't live with, are like 2 sides to the same coin. If you can increase one and decrease the other, that's helpful.

But what are you thinking? What are you feeling, and what is influencing it the most?

Hugs to you. 🤗

ETA, and to not to be ashamed. I was thinking of Siegfried and Roy, it was Roy who said, ~"I used to wake up with my father holding an axe above my head, do you think I'm afraid of a tiger?" There are many things you've been through, and others will likely never know, which probably partly brought you to feeling the way you do.

The thought is just that......a thought. Like any other undesirable thought it can be changed. Pay attention to what needs to be done now. And do it. Don't sit and ruminate on it.
If you find the thought frightening, take some action. Spent time with other people, talk to a friend, tell your T.
If you find you are moving toward your plan, then professional intervention is needed.

Is this new for you? And how intense are they?

I think there is a difference between chronic thinking and feeling like this and experiencing it seldom or maybe for the first time.

I have gone months with these thoughts, on a fairly constant basis. Or several days with only a small break. I would never consider it - for me - an emergency. It's when the thinking and feeling gets to the point where I am not doing anything else, and where I'm maybe starting to plan to die when it becomes a bit more worrisome.

Can you say more about where you are with this? And, do you have things that take away the feeling, even for a little bit?

I have this everyday. Call them whatever you want.... Flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, bad memories. All of the above. It's really quite painful and shit.

What do I do?

Watch tv, listen to the radio, wait for the thoughts to pass, go out and do something. They just make me feel really depressed. Have no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back