• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What do you think of Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation by Janina Fisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did!

I found it really helpful. Have re read it a few times.
It explains things in a way that takes the shame out of discovering havings parts (by normalising and talking about why shame is there).
It breaks everything down in an easy way to understand. About why we have parts. How to connect with them. How to learn what they are. And how to try and integrate.
It just makes sense.
I felt it resonated loads. I bought it when I was freaking out about having parts and thinking I had really really lost all grip on reality. This book helped. And re reading it when in a less frantic state of mind also helps.

So I recommend!

Thanks :) Hope you don't mind me ask8ng if you are DID? And do you think the book is mostly for people who are?
Don't mind at all.
I have no diagnosis at all.
I don't think I am DID.
And I would say I think the book is written for the whole spectrum of people with parts.
The book is not so much about fully formed different personas inside of you, but understanding ourselves through the lense of: a child part feels this when X happens in the here and now and adult you can manage that by recognising the links and helping to integrate and reparent that lost part.
If that makes sense?

Yes, it's not the cheapest of books, is it? Couldn't even find any bargains on eBay (as an aside – I don't think eBay is the place to go for any kind of bargains anymore?! It seems to have got really expensive??)

I love an audio book so was tempted by that option, but my head tends to start sliding around when I read trauma books and I end up spacing out and having to go and re-read chunks, so I thought I'd go for some physical pages! I still haven't got through The Body Keeps the Score yet...my brain just shuts down!

Yes, ebay is really expensive now.

Understand wanting a physical copy. I like to keep notes on sections i like, but I'll make do without for saving near £20

Yeah it isn't the cheapest. I got the Kindle version, and that was still pricey for Kindle.

I found this book better than the body keeps the score. I don't know if that's because I zoned out reading that one?

This one can still be heavy going and I broke it down into manageable chunks. Lots to digest. But mostly it felt like "this is me !" "This makes sense" 'i haven't lost my mind".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back