• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What form of therapy did you find most useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t know it was called that, way back when. It was just what we did,
ha! T and I talked about that today and why some therapies aren’t so useful for me now - because they feel like how I coped for so long . And I have some of the skills I need for exposure and reframing .

what I didn’t have apart from in marriage was reliable unconditional acceptance and the idea of being kind to myself . My T works integrative ( I see that more as I get stronger) but is a relational therapist. For me this feels right.

In the past few years, I have tried so many therapies and I find them mostly useless to a point! sorry. let me re-phrase that. I honestly find more useful and healing ways in this website (which I interestingly enough I found it when I came to therapy) than in most of my sessions.

I am in therapy intensely doing psychoanalysis. Where the therapist does not say much for weeks...why am I not going completely bonkers? [maybe I have... 😊..wanted to add this to keep some sanity...]

I find sitting in the pain of just talking about my past without much reflection from the therapist healing and triggering. It is healing cause, if I am really honest, just having so many emotions to this situation tells me so much about myself. It is triggering cause -well put any normal healthy person in a room, ask them to talk, without much reciprocation and I think most people will go mad! and that is what happened to me as a child - no reflection, no reciprocation and add a bit of hostility and abuse...at least my therapist is not exhibiting those last traits so hence the healing wins and the pain is recognized for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back