• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us ad-free, independent, and available freely to the world.

What if you have damaged your life beyond repair?

What do you do when feeling hopeless and out of options?
When feeling hopeless and out of options, it can be incredibly challenging. However, it's important to remember that there is always support available and that you are not alone. Here are a few steps you can take when you're feeling this way:

1. Reach out for support: Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend, family member, or mental health professional. Sharing your feelings can provide a sense of relief and help you gain a different perspective on your situation. It's important to lean on others for support when you need it.

2. Practice self-care: Engaging in self-care activities can help promote a sense of well-being and provide relief during difficult times. This could include activities such as taking a warm bath, going for a walk in nature, listening to music, or engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation.

3. Identify small steps: Break down the overwhelming situation into smaller, manageable steps. Focus on one step at a time and celebrate even the smallest achievements. Taking small actions can help regain a sense of control and momentum.

4. Explore new options: Sometimes, feeling hopeless can stem from feeling stuck in old patterns or thought processes. Take some time to explore new options or perspectives. This could involve seeking out new resources, connecting with different communities or support groups, or exploring alternative solutions to your challenges.

5. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness can help ground you in the present moment and provide a sense of calm. Engage in mindfulness exercises such as deep breathing, guided meditation, or body scan exercises. These practices can help shift your focus away from negative thoughts and bring you back to the present moment.

Remember, it's important to reach out for professional help if you're experiencing persistent feelings of hopelessness or struggling with mental health concerns. A mental health professional can provide additional support and guidance tailored to your specific situation.

You are not alone, and there is always hope. Reach out for support and take small steps towards finding a more positive path forward.

When feeling hopeless and out of options, it can be incredibly challenging. However, it's important to remember that there is always support available and that you are not alone. Here are a few steps you can take when you're feeling this way:

1. Reach out for support: Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend, family member, or mental health professional. Sharing your feelings can provide a sense of relief and help you gain a different perspective on your situation. It's important to lean on others for support when you need it.

2. Practice self-care: Engaging in self-care activities can help promote a sense of well-being and provide relief during difficult times. This could include activities such as taking a warm bath, going for a walk in nature, listening to music, or engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation.

3. Identify small steps: Break down the overwhelming situation into smaller, manageable steps. Focus on one step at a time and celebrate even the smallest achievements. Taking small actions can help regain a sense of control and momentum.

4. Explore new options: Sometimes, feeling hopeless can stem from feeling stuck in old patterns or thought processes. Take some time to explore new options or perspectives. This could involve seeking out new resources, connecting with different communities or support groups, or exploring alternative solutions to your challenges.

5. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness can help ground you in the present moment and provide a sense of calm. Engage in mindfulness exercises such as deep breathing, guided meditation, or body scan exercises. These practices can help shift your focus away from negative thoughts and bring you back to the present moment.

Remember, it's important to reach out for professional help if you're experiencing persistent feelings of hopelessness or struggling with mental health concerns. A mental health professional can provide additional support and guidance tailored to your specific situation.

You are not alone, and there is always hope. Reach out for support and take small steps towards finding a more positive pa
What if you have no support or options, and the one option you have is failing?

What if you have no support or options, and the one option you have is failing?
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like you have no support or options at the moment. It can be extremely difficult when it seems like the one option you have is failing. In times like these, it's important to remember that there are still resources and avenues of support available to you. Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1. Seek professional help: Reach out to a mental health professional who can support you during this challenging time. They can provide guidance, help you explore new options, and assist in developing coping strategies. Even if you feel like you have exhausted all options, they may be able to offer new insights or perspectives.

2. Research additional resources: Take some time to research local organizations, community services, or hotlines that may provide support specific to your situation. Many organizations offer free or low-cost services, and even if they can't solve all your problems, they may be able to offer guidance or connect you with other resources.

3. Focus on self-care: Prioritizing self-care can help provide some relief during difficult times. This could involve engaging in activities that bring you comfort and peace, such as practicing mindfulness, journaling, engaging in creative outlets, or spending time in nature. Taking care of your physical, emotional, and mental well-being is crucial, even when it feels challenging.

4. Build a support network: While you may feel like you have no support currently, it doesn't mean that there won't be opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals in the future. Consider seeking support groups, online communities, or local organizations that align with your interests or experiences. Connecting with others who have gone through similar situations can provide validation, empathy, and valuable perspectives.

5. Stay open to alternative options: Sometimes, when it feels like we have only one option and it's failing, it may be helpful to step back and reevaluate the situation. Stay open to exploring new possibilities or alternative paths. It may require being flexible, creative, and open to trying different approaches.

Remember, it's okay to ask for help and seek support. You don't have to face the challenges and setbacks alone. Keep reaching out and exploring the options available to you. You are important, and there are people who are willing to support you on your journey.

I'm sorry if my response seemed repetitive or not directly addressing your specific situation. Can you please provide more details about the challenges you're facing, so I can better understand your circumstances and offer more tailored guidance? Remember, it's important to be open and honest about your emotions and experiences for a productive conversation.

How does one find new options or re-evaluate the situation? Especially if you are really stuck in seeing it only one way?
I understand that it can be challenging to find new options or re-evaluate a situation when you feel stuck and have been seeing it only one way. Here are some suggestions to help you explore different perspectives and potentially discover new options:

1. Seek different viewpoints: Engage in discussions with trusted friends, family members, or even online communities who may offer different perspectives on your situation. Hearing other viewpoints can help you challenge your own assumptions and broaden your understanding of the situation.

2. Take a break: Sometimes, taking a step back from the situation can provide clarity. Take some time to relax and engage in activities that help clear your mind. This break can create space for new insights or ideas to emerge.

3. Engage in creative thinking: Allow yourself to brainstorm and generate multiple ideas or solutions, even if they initially seem unrealistic or far-fetched. Creativity can help break through rigid thinking patterns and open up possibilities that weren't previously considered.

4. Research and gather information: Take the time to gather information about your situation. This may involve researching online resources, reading books or articles, or consulting experts in the relevant field. Expanding your knowledge and understanding may help you view your situation from different angles.

5. Experiment and try new approaches: Sometimes, taking small steps and experimenting with different approaches can lead to new options. Allow yourself to try something new, even if it feels unfamiliar or challenging. Be open to the idea that other paths may hold potential for growth or change.

Remember, finding new options or re-evaluating a situation can take time and may require patience and perseverance. It's okay to feel stuck or uncertain, but don't underestimate your capacity for growth and adaptation. By exploring different perspectives and being open to new possibilities, you may discover options that weren't apparent before.

If you find that you're struggling to shift your perspective or generate new options, consider seeking support from a mental health professional. They can provide guidance and assistance in navigating through these challenges.

Is there anything else you'd like to discuss or any other questions you have?

I am currently very depressed. I have one job that pays but per project and because of my mental health I haven't finished the project a week after deadline.
Until I reach that deadline, saving my apartment from eviction depends on that money. I need that money for food. I need that money to invest in a side hustle. I need that money to get therapy.
Everything I need hangs on finishing that deadline and allowing me to take further steps - after being clearing debt with this apartment, finding a new place with roommates and less rent, having time to apply for new full time positions locally, having a bit to invest in a side-business. Or to invest in my mental health and physical health (let my insurance laps and stress has resulted in old injuries (sciatica, gum infection) coming back again.

Basically it feels like until I get paid, I can't take other steps my life really desperatly needs.
Mental health support. Physical health and insurance.
Change of apartment to cheaper. New job, possibly more than one to catch up on debt.

And it feels like those issues are getting worse the more time passes and affecting my speec of work- but until I finish the work I can't change them.
Like a magic circle.

How do I change that situation?

I am currently very depressed. I have one job that pays but per project and because of my mental health I haven't finished the project a week after deadline.
Until I reach that deadline, saving my apartment from eviction depends on that money. I need that money for food. I need that money to invest in a side hustle. I need that money to get therapy.
Everything I need hangs on finishing that deadline and allowing me to take further steps - after being clearing debt with this apartment, finding a new place with roommates and less rent, having time to apply for new full time positions locally, having a bit to invest in a side-business. Or to invest in my mental health and physical health (let my insurance laps and stress has resulted in old injuries (sciatica, gum infection) coming back again.

Basically it feels like until I get paid, I can't take other steps my life really desperatly needs.
Mental health support. Physical health and insurance.
Change of apartment to cheaper. New job, possibly more than one to catch up on debt.

And it feels like those issues are getting worse the more time passes and affecting my speec of work- but until I finish the work I can't change them.
Like a magic circle.

How do I change that situation?
I'm really sorry to hear that you're in such a difficult and stressful situation. It's understandable that you're feeling overwhelmed with the interdependency of financial stability, mental health support, physical health, and other aspects of your life. While I can't provide a magic solution, I can offer some guidance on how to navigate this challenging situation:

1. Prioritize your mental health: Given the impact of your mental health on your current situation, it's important to prioritize getting the support you need. Consider reaching out to mental health resources in your community, such as counseling services, low-cost clinics, or helplines. They may be able to provide assistance or direct you to resources that could support you during this time.

2. Communicate with your client: If you're struggling to meet the project deadline due to your mental health, it could be helpful to reach out to your client and honestly explain the situation. They may be understanding and willing to grant you an extension or negotiate a new deadline. Effective communication can help alleviate some of the stress and create the opportunity for a solution that works for both parties.

3. Explore additional sources of income: While waiting for the payment for your current project, consider exploring other potential sources of income that don't necessarily rely on that specific deadline. This could involve looking for short-term or freelance jobs, exploring gig economy opportunities, or utilizing your skills in other ways to generate income in the interim.

4. Seek out community resources: Research local community resources that may provide support in areas such as housing, food assistance, or healthcare. There may be organizations or programs available to help alleviate some of the immediate financial burden on you while you work towards stabilizing your situation.

5. Break down your goals: Instead of viewing everything as a huge and overwhelming challenge, break down your goals into smaller, manageable steps. Focus on one step at a time, prioritizing those that are crucial for your immediate well-being and stability. By taking small, actionable steps, you can gradually work towards resolving multiple aspects of your life.

Remember, reaching out for help and support is important. Don't hesitate to leverage resources and networks available to you. While it may feel like a long and challenging journey, with support, perseverance, and small steps forward, you can gradually change your situation for the better.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss or any other questions you have?

They may be understanding and willing to grant you an extension or negotiate a new deadline.
My client will be okay with the new deadline, it's my landlord who might not be, as I am already behind on paying rent. Last time she yelled a lot so I'm afraid her patience with me is gone- which is fair, but I still need to keep my housing.
While waiting for the payment for your current project, consider exploring other potential sources of income that don't necessarily rely on that specific deadline.
I am still not done with the project. Do I concentrate all my energy on it, or do I leave some time daily for side projects?
How do I stop feeling like I don't have enough skills for a side job?
Research local community resources that may provide support in areas such as housing, food assistance, or healthcare.
What kind of resources should I search? For some reason I have a feeling that there are no resources which of course shouldn't be the case.
But it's a possibility, right? Especially living in a 'third-world' country? Might not be as behind as it seems, but in terms of free resources it can be.
What if I can't find any resources matching my situation?

My client will be okay with the new deadline, it's my landlord who might not be, as I am already behind on paying rent. Last time she yelled a lot so I'm afraid her patience with me is gone- which is fair, but I still need to keep my housing.
I understand that the situation with your landlord adds an additional layer of stress and concern. It's important to prioritize your housing stability and find a solution that works for both parties. Here are a few suggestions to consider:

1. Communicate with your landlord: Open and honest communication is crucial in situations like this. It may be helpful to reach out to your landlord and explain your current circumstances and the steps you're taking to address the situation. Express your commitment to paying the rent and your willingness to work together to find a solution. While there are no guarantees, having an open conversation can help build a bridge towards understanding and potential alternatives.

2. Explore local resources for rental assistance: Research local resources, non-profit organizations, or government programs that provide rental assistance. They may be able to offer support or guidance in navigating your current financial challenges and help you find alternatives to stay in your current housing.

3. Seek legal advice, if necessary: If you find yourself facing eviction or experiencing ongoing conflict with your landlord, it may be beneficial to consult with a legal professional who specializes in tenant rights and eviction prevention. They can provide guidance on your rights, legal protections, and potential courses of action.

4. Enlist support from community organizations: Reach out to community organizations that address housing issues or provide support to individuals facing financial hardships. They may have resources, advocate on your behalf, or provide guidance on available options.

Remember, it's important to take action and explore different avenues to address your housing situation. While it may feel challenging, there are often resources and support available to help individuals navigate such situations.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss or any other questions you have?

I am still not done with the project. Do I concentrate all my energy on it, or do I leave some time daily for side projects?
How do I stop feeling like I don't have enough skills for a side job?
It can be challenging to strike a balance between completing your current project and pursuing side projects. Here are some suggestions to consider:

1. Prioritize your current project: Since your current project is crucial for your immediate financial stability, it may be helpful to concentrate the majority of your energy and time on completing it. This will increase the likelihood of receiving payment and meeting your financial obligations. Breaking down the project into smaller tasks and setting daily goals can help you focus and make progress.

2. Allocate dedicated time for side projects: While prioritizing your current project, consider setting aside specific time each day or week to work on your side projects. This allows you to maintain momentum and progress towards your long-term goals. Even dedicating a smaller amount of time consistently to your side projects can help move them forward.

3. Assess your skills and explore resources: If you feel lacking in certain skills for your side job, take some time to assess your current strengths and areas for growth. Identify specific skills you would like to develop and seek out resources to enhance your knowledge and abilities. This could include online courses, tutorials, mentorship opportunities, or networking with others in the field. Building your skills over time can increase your confidence and open up more opportunities.

4. Start small and build gradually: If you are unsure about your abilities in a certain area, consider starting with smaller projects or tasks that align with your current skills and then gradually expand as you gain more experience and confidence. This gradual approach allows you to build a solid foundation and develop your skills over time.

Remember, it's natural to have doubts about your skills, particularly when starting something new. However, challenging those self-doubts and taking action despite them can lead to personal growth and expanded capabilities. Stay persistent, seek opportunities for growth, and be open to learning along the way.

What kind of resources should I search? For some reason I have a feeling that there are no resources which of course shouldn't be the case.
But it's a possibility, right? Especially living in a 'third-world' country? Might not be as behind as it seems, but in terms of free resources it can be.
What if I can't find any resources matching my situation?
I understand that accessing resources can be challenging depending on the country and region you are in. While it's true that the availability of free resources may vary, it's worth exploring various avenues to see what support may be available to you. Here are a few types of resources you can search for:

1. Government programs: Research government-run programs or initiatives that provide assistance for individuals facing financial hardships or housing instability. This could include subsidized housing programs, rental assistance programs, or social welfare programs. Check with your local government offices or search for government websites that provide information on these programs.

2. Non-profit organizations: Look for non-profit organizations in your community that focus on providing support for individuals in need. These organizations may offer services such as food assistance, rental assistance, mental health support, or employment resources. Search online, reach out to local community centers, or ask for recommendations from trusted individuals in your network.

3. Community-based initiatives: Some communities have grassroots initiatives or support networks that aim to help individuals in challenging situations. These may include community food banks, mutual aid groups, or informal networks of individuals willing to lend a helping hand. Research local community groups, social media groups, or neighborhood associations to see if there are any initiatives in your area.

4. Faith-based organizations: If you have a religious affiliation or are comfortable seeking support from faith-based organizations, they may provide resources and assistance to individuals in need. These organizations may offer support in the form of food banks, counseling services, or even temporary housing.

5. Online resources: Explore online platforms or websites that provide resources or information for individuals in challenging circumstances. Look for forums, blogs, or websites that focus on topics such as financial assistance, housing support, or mental health resources.

Remember, even if you can't find resources that match your situation exactly, reaching out to different organizations or resources may still yield valuable information or connections. Keep an open mind, be persistent in your search, and don't hesitate to ask for help from trusted individuals or professionals in your community.

consider starting with smaller projects or tasks that align with your current skills and then gradually expand as you gain more experience and confidence. This gradual approach allows you to build a solid foundation and develop your skills over time
I was too depressed to care about side projects for... okay, let's face it, for a year. I haven't done many side-projects for over a year. More for other skills, but drawing is the one I am talking about- I was born with it, and I have used it from time to time for side-income. Never consistently.
What if I'm afraid I have lost my skill because of the time I haven't practiced any of it? Not for work and not for myself. Same for graphic design though that is a learned skill.

But it's the only skills I can think about that I can apply for side jobs.
Other skills I have, I haven't practiced in a longer timeframe.
I used to also clean apartments, but that isn't an option now because of my back injury/chronic issue.

So what if I'm afraid I've forgotten the skills I need for side projects?
Is that just something like fear to get over by doing? Or is there more to it?
I am scared of starting anything new work-wise, but I need more income.

I was too depressed to care about side projects for... okay, let's face it, for a year. I haven't done many side-projects for over a year. More for other skills, but drawing is the one I am talking about- I was born with it, and I have used it from time to time for side-income. Never consistently.
What if I'm afraid I have lost my skill because of the time I haven't practiced any of it? Not for work and not for myself. Same for graphic design though that is a learned skill.

But it's the only skills I can think about that I can apply for side jobs.
Other skills I have, I haven't practiced in a longer timeframe.
I used to also clean apartments, but that isn't an option now because of my back injury/chronic issue.

So what if I'm afraid I've forgotten the skills I need for side projects?
Is that just something like fear to get over by doing? Or is there more to it?
I am scared of starting anything new work-wise, but I need more income.
It's completely normal to feel apprehensive about starting something new, especially if you haven't practiced your skills for a while. However, it's important to remember that skills are often like riding a bicycle - they might feel rusty at first, but with practice, they can come back. Here are a few suggestions to help you regain confidence in your skills and overcome the fear of starting something new:

1. Start small and gradually build up: Begin by taking on smaller projects or tasks within your chosen skillset. This allows you to ease back into the work and build your confidence step by step. As you gain more experience and feel more comfortable, you can then take on larger or more complex projects.

2. Refresh your knowledge and skills: If you feel that your skills are a bit rusty, take the time to refresh your knowledge and familiarize yourself with any updates or changes in the field. Engage in online tutorials, courses, or workshops to strengthen your understanding and regain proficiency.

3. Seek constructive feedback: Share your work with trusted individuals who can provide you with constructive feedback and encouragement. This feedback can help validate your abilities and guide you in areas for improvement. It also allows you to receive external validation of your skills, boosting your confidence in the process.

4. Practice regularly: Consistent practice is key to regaining and refining your skills. Set aside specific time each day or week to work on your chosen skill. By dedicating regular practice sessions, you'll progressively build your confidence and improve your abilities over time.

5. Embrace a growth mindset: Understand that skill development is a continuous process. Embrace the mindset that you are capable of learning and growing, even if there are initial challenges. Approach any failures or setbacks as learning opportunities and use them to refine and improve your skills.

Remember, starting something new can be intimidating for anyone, regardless of their skill level. Embracing your fear and taking action despite it is a courageous step forward. Be patient with yourself, celebrate small successes, and give yourself permission to learn and grow along the way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back