What is your favorite holiday menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxLiz

Sponsor
In the US tomorrow it Thanksgiving and there are many holidays to celebrate in December for different cultures and religions but for many of us me included this time of year holds less than happy memories. No matter the memories for me food has always been my escape from preparing the ingredients to cooking and eating. So no matter if it is Thanksgiving, Christmas Kwanzaa, Passover, Eid Al-Fitr or the Summer Solstice, heck it could just be hey I got out of bed this morning let's celebrate. What foods do you want to see on the table/make and enjoy?

For me it is:
Prime Rib
Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
Fresh Peas
Chocolate Sheet Cake with homemade ice cream
and Ice Tea to drink.

Not your typical "holiday" meal but it is one that for me was about the only celebratory meal in my family that didn't include screaming, yelling, physical altercations etc. because we were all too worn out from the work that had been required for us to get to this point. So it doesn't matter what day of the year that you remember enjoying sharing this menu with others. What foods are your tried and true "holiday" comfort foods?

Friday

:sneaky: Anything with prime rib makes the list! :D

I’ve been thinking quite seriously about this, however, and have decided my favourite holiday menu is Leftovers. Of virtually any holiday. Christmas gumbo to turkey, luao to spiced ham, Easter gyros to clam bake ... it’s the next day. And snitching things for breakfast, making sandwiches, eating last nights dinner at sunrise. Yep yep.

Lionheart

Sponsor
Any food on my table will be a blessing. I am not a very picky eater. *(as long as it does not include creamed asparagus or pickled beets I am good. ? I do prefer the traditional southern fare tho I must admit; Turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, green beans, corn, sweet tea. etc. Mainly because that is what my family has usually had on Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.