• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll What Position Do You Sleep In?

What Position Do You Sleep In?

• Foetus

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Log

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yearner

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Soldier

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Freefall

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Starfish

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other (I don't know, I do more than one, or I sleep differently under different circumstances, etc.)

Votes: 45 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading a thread about nightmares and it made me wonder if there's something to this. I tend to sleep in the foetal position, and I tend to slouch forward a lot when doing anything else. I'm also always moving in some way. Since age 7 or so, I've never been able to relax while having the front of my torso exposed.

Maybe I'm just over-psycho-analyzing myself again.

I don't even know what half of these positions are...so I didn't answer...I'll come back and answer once I know which one is lying on your stomach. I was molested lying on my back, so lying on my stomach is safest.

I posted the URL but it showed up as a link (maybe I forgot to uncheck the parse thingy?) and was deleted.

Foetus: Curled up.

Log: Lying on side with both arms down at side.

Yearner: Lying on side with both arms out in front.

Soldier: Lying on back with arms pinned down at sides.

Freefaller: Lying on front with hands around the pillow, and head turned to one side.

Starfish: Lying on back with arms up around the pillow.

ummm errrr ummm...id like to tick the....starfish postion...while sleeping with a soldier......hehehe ....

but hubby would err probably not like that...so um...errr...um um.......
(your terrible murial).....hehehe.

I've always slept curled up on my side. Primarily my left side. I remember in my early teen years I used to sleep completely covered up (just my nose out for air) no matter how hot it was. It was the only way I felt protected and could sleep. Funny...I just connected this to the time when my brother was sexually abusing me.

When I have to change rooms to sleep (recliner in livingroom) it's on my back with my hands across the middle.

Lisa

I dont keep still for 2 minutes when I'm asleep so all of the above and some others! I mostly sleep in the corner of the room (bed right in the corner) with my head in that corner with a pillow on top as well as under my head and with the covers right up too.

I find sleep really difficult!

I try to sleep on my back but usually wake up on my stomach with on arm under the pillow, one leg straight and the other leg bent 90 degrees. Often times I am drooling too. LOL

I start out fetal position, but wake up in the morning on my back but hands on my breasts. There's always accomodation for the cat, who has to be sleeping on my hip when I am on my side or on my chest in the morning. I wake up every morning with cat heiney on my chin.

Foetal position.

I start off lying down in 'soldier' position, then as I feel dozy [yey mirtazapine!] I curl up on my left side - facing the side wall, my bed always has to be up against a wall on at least 2 sides - in the foetal position.

The muscles in my shoulders are all torn up, so I have to sleep so my arms are not in any kind of strain. So, flat on back with my arms at my sides. I like to have them up by the pillow, but in the morning my shoulders lock up and I can't move or put on clothing (oops! this isn't a nudist workplace? :P )

<snip>on my stomach with on arm under the pillow, one leg straight and the other leg bent 90 degrees. Often times I am drooling too. LOL
That's my favorite sleeping position for bed. It's also my kitties favorite as it allows one to sleep on my butt and the other to sleep on the pillow in my hair.

I also have to have my bed up against two walls and away from any windows. If I can't put the bed anywhere away from a window(s) then I need to sleep as far from the window(s). I also have to be covered in my quilt. Regardless of the season.

When I have a bad night and can't sleep I usually end up napping the next day on the love seat while sitting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back