• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What small thing/s did you do today to chip away at your avoidance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms spock

MyPTSD Pro
I am looking for any hints, any strategies that you are using to chip away at your avoidance.

Yesterday I went and fronted up for the hardest thing for me to do in my life. That was hard. I have been slowly building up to doing this.

I find that doing Self Compassion Breaks assists with me in not avoiding.

I know there is a lot of knowledge out there in this forum, and I learn from people here everyday. So I thought I would start this thread so as people write what they did to break down their avoidance (big or small) all the rest of us can benefit from their strategies and tricks of the trade.

So what have you done today to chip away at your Avoidance?

To move forward in trauma recovery and to prevent avoidance I started trauma timeline and worked on same for about 1 1/2 hr....so at some point T and I can role-play child-adult, adult-child when ready...which will help me access child and come closer to self-nurturing and self-compassion of same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back