• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What The Mirror Said Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonrisa

Learning
<added by anthony: I have split these posts from the [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread155.html"]what the mirror said[/DLMURL] thread within the interpersonal skills forum.>

anthony said:
Hand in hand with [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread79.html"]self esteem[/DLMURL], sufferers of PTSD need to tell themselves the following, being a true reflection of current personality:
  1. I am enough.
  2. I am a unique and precious human being.
  3. I am OK and alright just as I am.
  4. I am loveable and capable.
  5. I am worthy and valuable.
  6. I am more than my body, more than my thoughts and more than my feelings and imaginings.
  7. As a soul, I am the watcher and the observer who is growing in wisdom and love.
  8. I have the power and authority to choose what thoughts I will dwell on, to choose the words I speak, to choose which feelings and imaginings I will hold onto and dwell on, for I am the captain of my ship.
Whilst these may sound silly to the average person, they are extremely relevant to anyone with PTSD, as we tend to hide our old selves, recluse from our true inner beings, and just accept what is said. None of which is acceptable to a person without PTSD, so why would it be acceptable to us? Its not. You are important, you deserve respect of your illness and past, you deserve to respect yourself.

Really good to read, especially 7 and 8. Struggled a bit with the other points, but they're 100% true for everyone I'm sure.

Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
YoungAndAngry said:
I guarentee you that all those points are 100% true for you too!
You just need to see it :)

Thank you YoungAndAngry, what a nice thing to say :-) 'preciate it!

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back