1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

What the...

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by abnvet, Apr 1, 2018.

1. abnvet

abnvet Well-Known Member

The grass is always greener...
    Things will become better....

Little rant......

I go to a counselor and have been for years. I'm unsettled

Primarily, yes I have the hated PTSD from the Gulf War. Served with the 82nd Airborne Division during this time.
    Not only this, I'm an Army-Brat, moving every 2-3 years with my mother who was married to 2 Army enlisted soldiers.
    I still enlisted myself. After having a baseball scholarship to college and losing it because of academics, I turned to the Army, not only volunteering once, but twice, as I want to jump from planes.

Then after the war, back to Bragg and a pcs to Panama where I thought I would gain my thoughts. I hadn't been diagnosed with ptsd at this time (1993). Went through a divorce because I wouldn't talk about the war. Pcs'd to San Antonio (remarried) and went through a Gulf War registry at BAMC (once of the best medical places I've been at yet). Diagnosed with ptsd when I etsd with the VA and decided to become a teacher, then a principal.

Still a principal, but unsettled.......

What the......what is wrong ....Yes, I can't sleep. I attend counseling and take some...medication, although I'm losing faith in them.....

Freida and LuckiLee like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Can I ask what kind of therapy you do? Is this through the VA?

Do your meds help at all? Can I ask what you take?

Just want to get a better picture before I respond. Thanks.