1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the...

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by abnvet, Apr 1, 2018.

1. abnvet

abnvet Well-Known Member

The grass is always greener...
    Things will become better....

Little rant......

I go to a counselor and have been for years. I'm unsettled

Primarily, yes I have the hated PTSD from the Gulf War. Served with the 82nd Airborne Division during this time.
    Not only this, I'm an Army-Brat, moving every 2-3 years with my mother who was married to 2 Army enlisted soldiers.
    I still enlisted myself. After having a baseball scholarship to college and losing it because of academics, I turned to the Army, not only volunteering once, but twice, as I want to jump from planes.

Then after the war, back to Bragg and a pcs to Panama where I thought I would gain my thoughts. I hadn't been diagnosed with ptsd at this time (1993). Went through a divorce because I wouldn't talk about the war. Pcs'd to San Antonio (remarried) and went through a Gulf War registry at BAMC (once of the best medical places I've been at yet). Diagnosed with ptsd when I etsd with the VA and decided to become a teacher, then a principal.

Still a principal, but unsettled.......

What the......what is wrong ....Yes, I can't sleep. I attend counseling and take some...medication, although I'm losing faith in them.....

Freida and LuckiLee like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. EveHarrington

EveHarrington _______ in progress. Premium Member

Can I ask what kind of therapy you do? Is this through the VA?

Do your meds help at all? Can I ask what you take?

Just want to get a better picture before I respond. Thanks.