• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

When i finally feel i overcame my trauma everything just tumbled ontop of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeraS

New Here
Its been 2 months since the apendix surgery of my nephew and it hit me so hard because i was afraid somthing tragic was going to happen but thank god everything was fine but later on i had fears that if he says somthing hurts i immediately go back to that day think it could be something else and I start to panic i thought I was finally over with that trigger but today a trigger came and it hit me so hard i was crying all day i dont know what to do everything i see or hear triggers me, i feel in a dark hole and cant get out i thought i was stong enough to get out of this one but I realized i cant but i dont know how to ask for help or to start.

Sharing here helps @GeraS. Welcome and hope we can help you to sort out what is going on. Sorry things are so stressful for you but this is a good place to be when it feels the world is caving in on us. So just share what you are comfortable with. Glad you are here.

And I struggle with catastrophic thinking scene i was a kid and I've been living with this till now
Sharing here helps @GeraS. Welcome and hope we can help you to sort out what is going on. Sorry things are so stressful for you but this is a good place to be when it feels the world is caving in on us. So just share what you are comfortable with. Glad you are here.
Thank you I know so much people are here that understand what i feel because they feel it to and I can learn from them and how they coup with it

That's true. And it feels good and is very validating that people hear us and understand. Just share as much as you want and need to. We are listening. Gentle hugs if you accept.

but i dont know how to ask for help or to start.
You are asking for help with this posting, no? Congratulations and hopefully you will be able to acknowledge that so you can see that there is some improvement in your being able to access resources.

i feel in a dark hole and cant get out
I have had this experience. My therapist at the time suggested that I give the part of me that felt I was in a dark hole a teddy or something significant to hold onto and let that part know you will be back when she is ready to come up to you. Never go down the hole to rescue parts that are not on the same plane as you.

but today a trigger came and it hit me so hard i was crying all day
Sounds like you are healing from one trigger event(s) and moving onto the next. That's the way it has worked for me as well. Patience. I repeat to myself - patience.

everything i see or hear triggers me
I went years like this. I have no idea how I survived it all. Try if you can to recognize that your senses are all cranked up and bury your head under the covers, wear noise cancelling earphones, sunglasses etc. Is this new for you or is it something you have worked through before?

And I struggle with catastrophic thinking
Best way to deal with this is to acknowledge as soon as possible that catastrophic thinking got a hold of you. Just keep chipping away.

Best wishes. Please keep reaching out. Connection is so important.

You are asking for help with this posting, no? Congratulations and hopefully you will be able to acknowledge that so you can see that there is some improvement in your being able to access resources.

I have had this experience. My therapist at the time suggested that I give the part of me that felt I was in a dark hole a teddy or something significant to hold onto and let that part know you will be back when she is ready to come up to you. Never go down the hole to rescue parts that are not on the same plane as you.

Sounds like you are healing from one trigger event(s) and moving onto the next. That's the way it has worked for me as well. Patience. I repeat to myself - patience.

I went years like this. I have no idea how I survived it all. Try if you can to recognize that your senses are all cranked up and bury your head under the covers, wear noise cancelling earphones, sunglasses etc. Is this new for you or is it something you have worked through before?

Best way to deal with this is to acknowledge as soon as possible that catastrophic thinking got a hold of you. Just keep chipping away.

Best wishes. Please keep reaching out. Connection is so important.
Thank you thats very comforting to know that I am not the only one that goes through that and I can learn from people like you that I can survive

This is somthing new, ive tried to "expose" myself to my triggers thinking maybe it won't affect me but its worse

I just had a ptsd attack and now I feel so down and worried I can't get up anymore I just cant take it anymore how can I survive this I wish I was tough to handle this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back