• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Who survived lowering Effexor?

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
I have been trying to go from a 75/37.5 combo to 75. I realize that’s a small change, but I’m very sensitive to medication. I’m doing everything I can to help my high blood pressure, lower cost and stop this weight gain. So far, I tried emptying some of the capsule and putting it back together. I have had a major emotional breakdown, 4 panic attacks, have been irritable and feel like I have the flu. Please help if you have any ideas.

I made a mistake of reading and listening to podcasts from Mad in America. The pandemic was underway. They have a support. group online caused surviving anti depressants. Mad in America and surviving anti depressants is biased. They advocate the method you describe . If your blood pressure is elevated I suggest an appointment with your physician about your concerns,
Please be safe let the health care professionals address your issues.

@Flying Dove
My psychiatrist said that pouring some out of the pill and putting it back together is fine. He also said that it’s such a small dose it shouldn’t be a difficult transition. —it has been difficult—. The reason I’m concerned about my overall health is that they have checked all of the heart and vein things. I even had a PET on my heart and it all says I’m fine. Yet my blood pressure is now high! Check estrogen and it’s in range. Tried multitude of blood pressure meds. Allergic to some. Others aren’t working well. Tried lowering salt and got too low. Can’t seem to lose weight despite naltrexone to curb appetite. So my only hope feels like lowering meds that raise blood pressure and cause weight gain. To add to all of this—the helper antidepressants for soothing the transition were all rejected by my system for various reasons before we even got to Effexor.

Have you seen a doctor? Gone to the ER urgent care? Made appointment with primary care provider and psychiatrist? Research documents difficulties with withdrawing from anti depressants. You are in other medications as well..Thought about therapy?

Have you seen a doctor? Gone to the ER urgent care? Made appointment with primary care provider and psychiatrist? Research documents difficulties with withdrawing from anti depressants. You are in other medications as well..Thought about therapy?
I’ve been in therapy for many years. Yes to psych and doctor. I was just seeking some people’s experiences. I’m actually feeling more normal now. Still some ups and downs.

Back