• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why am i stuck in my trauma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of it is stuck in your body and the other part is your head. A therapist helps you release it from your body and helps you figure out why you're holding onto it in your head so you can move forward. Once you get that far you can start choosing what you want and you get that power back. It's not easy work.

And we have to remind our self that recovery is not linear. Sometimes we aren't stuck, it's just a place we need to be for awhile because it was really complicated. or it was so traumatizing we don't remember key things to make a whole picture. And it's hard enough to do this with pictures, much less without them.

Sounds like you T knows what they are doing... as @shimmerz shared, sometimes it's just so primal that we have to go to a really deep place, that we didn't remember,may never remember, but the 'feelings' are there. But our 'kid' knows... they hold so much of our pain, shame, and injuries, both physical and mental.

Wishing you much success with your inner child work... I really started to understand myself on a much deeper level doing that work... and then some of the 'here and now' recovery things I was working on also made sense... wish it didn't have to be so damned complicated.. but our lives were complicated and still are.. maybe you aren't stuck. Maybe you are just 'resting' to get ready for a new direction.

It may sound counter productive but what about taking a break from treatment for a bit? I took 10 days without anyone poking in my head and was amazed that my brain kept right on working the problem. I came away with some new clarity. I think I was a bit stuck because I was just tired. It really was that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back