Why do stigmas start?

Can you tell me more about druidry?
Certainly! Druidry is a modern spiritual path inspired by the ancient Celtic traditions and wisdom, specifically those of the Druids, who were the ancient priests, philosophers, and advisors of the Celtic peoples. While modern Druidry may not have a direct historical lineage, it seeks to reconnect with the teachings, values, and practices of the ancient Druids. Here are some key aspects of Druidry:

1. Connection with Nature: Druidry emphasizes a deep reverence for nature and the natural world. Practitioners strive to develop a close relationship with the land, trees, animals, and the cycles of the seasons. Nature is regarded as a teacher and a source of wisdom.

2. Ancestor Work: Honoring ancestors is an important aspect of Druidry. This can involve researching family history, connecting with ancestral traditions, and engaging in rituals or ceremonies to honor and remember one's ancestors. Ancestral wisdom, guidance, and heritage are valued and respected.

3. Rituals and Festivals: Druids celebrate the cycles of the seasons and the solstices, equinoxes, and other significant dates in the Celtic calendar. Rituals often take place outdoors and involve connecting with the natural world, making offerings, and expressing gratitude.

4. Relationship with Deities and Spirits: Druidry can involve the worship or reverence of various deities, spirits, or nature beings. Gods and goddesses from Celtic mythology, as well as local land spirits or ancestors, may be recognized and honored. The approach to deity can vary among individuals, from polytheistic to pantheistic or animistic perspectives.

5. Bardic Tradition: The bardic tradition is highly valued in Druidry. Bards are seen as poets, storytellers, musicians, and keepers of oral traditions. The arts, creativity, and storytelling are seen as ways to connect with spirit, express emotions, and share wisdom.

6. Personal Development: Druidry often places significance on personal growth, ethical living, and exploring one's own spirituality. This can involve meditation, self-reflection, and working with ancient wisdom teachings to cultivate qualities such as wisdom, integrity, and harmony.

It's important to note that there is no singular authority or universal dogma in Druidry. Different individuals and Druidic organizations may have variations in their beliefs and practices. Therefore, it can be helpful to engage with Druidic communities, read books, attend workshops or conferences, and explore the teachings of respected Druidic figures to deepen your understanding.

Remember, Druidry, like any spiritual path, is a personal journey. You have the freedom to adapt, explore, and interpret it in a way that resonates with your own beliefs, values, and experiences.

Can you tell me about quakers?
Certainly! Quakers, officially known as the Religious Society of Friends, is a Christian denomination that originated in England in the 17th century. Quakerism is based on the teachings and experiences of its founder, George Fox, and has since expanded and evolved into various branches and practices. Here are some key aspects of Quakerism:

1. Direct Experience of the Divine: Quakers believe in the idea of "inner light" or the presence of the Divine within every individual. They emphasize direct personal experience of the Divine, rather than relying solely on intermediaries such as clergy or religious texts. This means that individuals have the capacity to connect with and receive guidance from the Divine in their own lives.

2. Silent Worship: One of the distinguishing features of Quaker worship is the practice of silent worship. In a Quaker meeting, the congregation gathers in silence, with no formal rituals, creeds, or prearranged prayers. The intention is to create a space for individuals to listen inwardly and wait for inspiration or messages from the Divine. If someone feels moved by the Spirit, they may stand and share a message or "ministry" with the group.

3. Equality and Social Justice: Quakerism places a strong emphasis on equality and social justice. Quakers advocate for peace, simplicity, honesty, and integrity in all aspects of life. They have a long history of involvement in social justice movements, including abolitionism, civil rights, gender equality, and environmental activism.

4. Decision-Making by Consensus: Quakers practice a form of decision-making known as "meeting for worship with attention to business." They strive for reaching decisions through a process of seeking unity and consensus. This involves listening to one another, discerning the voice of the Divine, and working towards a collective decision that aligns with the values and leadings of the community.

5. Pacifism: Many Quakers embrace pacifism as a result of their commitment to peace and non-violence. They believe in finding non-violent solutions to conflicts and actively working towards peace and reconciliation.

It's important to note that Quakerism encompasses diverse beliefs and practices, and there may be variations among different Quaker meetings or branches. If you are interested in learning more about Quakerism or engaging with Quaker communities, I encourage you to reach out to your local Quaker meeting or explore resources available online or in books to gain a deeper understanding of their specific beliefs, practices, and values.

How do druids view war and proselytism?
Druidry, as a modern spiritual path rooted in ancient Celtic traditions, does not have a unified view on war and proselytism. Different individuals and Druidic organizations may hold varying beliefs and perspectives on these subjects. However, I can provide some general insights on how these topics may be approached within the context of Druidry:

1. War: Many Druids value peace, harmony, and interconnectedness with the natural world. As a result, they often lean towards pacifism and seek non-violent solutions to conflicts. They may emphasize the importance of cultivating understanding, dialogue, and reconciliation as methods of resolving disputes. However, it's important to remember that individuals within the Druidic community may hold diverse opinions on matters of war based on their personal experiences and beliefs.

2. Proselytism: Druidry generally respects the autonomy of individuals and their freedom to choose their own spiritual paths. While Druidic teachings and practices may be shared with others, there is typically no emphasis on actively seeking converts or engaging in proselytism. Instead, Druids often encourage others to explore and connect with their own spiritual paths, fostering a sense of self-discovery and personal connection with nature and the Divine.

It's crucial to note that these perspectives should not be generalized to all Druids or Druidic organizations. The spiritual beliefs and practices within Druidry can vary widely among individuals, and some may have different views on war and proselytism based on their personal interpretations and experiences.

If you are interested in understanding the specific views of Druids towards war and proselytism, I would recommend engaging with Druidic communities, attending Druidic gatherings or events, and exploring writings or teachings from respected Druidic figures. This can provide you with a more nuanced understanding of these topics within the context of Druidry.

I didn’t know being molested was wrong when it was happening. So why did it still traumatize me? It was normal to me which means it shouldn’t have caused any dissonance in my brain right?

I didn’t know being molested was wrong when it was happening. So why did it still traumatize me? It was normal to me which means it shouldn’t have caused any dissonance in my brain right?
I'm really sorry to hear that you went through such a difficult experience. It's important to understand that trauma and its impact on individuals can be complex and multifaceted. Even if something may have felt "normal" or familiar at the time, it doesn't negate the potential for it to be traumatic or to have long-lasting effects on your well-being.

Trauma can stem from a wide range of experiences, including those that may be confusing, conflicting, or contradictory. Just because something is familiar or normalized in your environment doesn't mean it is healthy or appropriate. In situations involving abuse or molestation, power dynamics, manipulations, and grooming can influence the perception and understanding of what is happening, especially for children or individuals who may be vulnerable or have limited resources for understanding and coping with such experiences.

It's significant to acknowledge that trauma is not determined by an objective measure of an event, but rather by the subjective experience and perception of the individual. Your feelings, reactions, and resulting distress are valid and understandable, regardless of how you initially perceived the situation.

Traumatic events can have a profound impact on your emotional, psychological, and physical well-being, regardless of how you initially interpreted or understood them. The brain's response to trauma involves complex mechanisms of self-protection and survival, which can lead to a variety of psychological and physiological symptoms.

If you haven't done so already, it may be helpful to reach out to a mental health professional with experience in trauma to discuss your experiences, emotions, and any difficulties you may be facing as a result. They can provide guidance, support, and appropriate therapeutic interventions tailored to your specific needs. Remember, you deserve support and healing on your journey toward recovery.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back