• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

why would i wake up extremely confused, thinking its a different day, and not remember going to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope4us

Policy Enforcement
I don't do it ever night, but it happens every couple weeks or so. I wake up so confused and sometimes i think its still yesterday. or ill think that its AM when its PM or vise versa. one time i didn't remember anything from the night before until i looked through my text messages. sometimes it takes me half an hour to figure out the day, and to remember when i fell asleep. But eventually I figure it out and remember things. i usually have to go through my phone and look at my texts and the times of my phone calls, and ask people questions to figure it out though. is this caused by my ptsd? or is it something else? could this be happening because i was dissociated for a few hours before i went to sleep? like dissociative amnesia or something?

@hope4us you sound like you're under a lot of stress which is not uncommon around the time that someone starts therapy. Based off your last few posts, I would hazard to guess that while you are likely suffering from some dissociation, a lot of it is a byproduct of stress and anxiety.

One thing that could help is to try to slow down, write about your day.

EVERYONE- even those without PTSD- dissociates. Think of the last time you drove on a really LONG trip and the hours just ticked by without you paying a great deal of attention to the road. You weren't likely triggered but your brain decided to take a little holiday.

If you're really anxious about it still, check out the forum for good grounding techniques and talk to your therapist about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back