• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Why would i worry about other people thinking this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoracek

New Here
Tonight I went for a walk and during my walk I saw a married couple walking their dogs and later on I walked past two women. On both of those instances when I was walking towards them, past them, and away from them I was worrying that they were thinking that I was going to hurt them. I've noticed this worry before (it's not exclusive to just when it's dark out), but I have no idea why I worry about that because I know that I'd never do anything.

Does anyone have any idea as to why I would be worried about that or where that would be coming from?

I have no clue as to where to post this so sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

You're putting yourself in their shoes: you're imagining yourself being in their place, and in their place. Hearing someone walking up behind you, or seeing someone up ahead, could make you feel pretty anxious, depending on the circumstances. You know you have no bad intentions, and you're just walking along, but you don't know what the other people are thinking, so your brain is maybe trying to project a guesstimate onto your thoughts?

Only thing is that "guesstimate" is something that can totally be influenced by PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back