• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Witness to Several Shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TunaKuhuna

New Here
Hello all,

I used to live in a nice little ghetto that was safe and clean. Then things changed. Over the course of a decade, I experienced nine incidents of gunfire, including five attempted murders, two of which happened right in front of me at the distance of only several yards. One happened on my front lawn. The other, the shooter fired into a crowd that included children. I remember the smoke rings coming out of the gun and the way the shooter squinted,

I was left for dead as witness by the police in one shooting as they attempted to frame a person involved at my expense.

There was also a murder and and manslaughter as well, but I wasn't present for those events, however I experienced the aftermath. The kid across the street was accidentally shot and killed by his best friend.

It was mostly young kids and wasn't my scene.

I lived across the street from a woman who had FASD, liked guns and weaponized her family. It took years to get rid of her.

There were several incidents of police brutality as well. The police also didn't always investigate the shootings. One time they just drove through the neighborhood and took off. They are too afraid to get out of the car.

I did my part and was a responsible citizen. I helped chased down two of them. The cops took all the credit.

I was cool and all tough and shit. I am good in crisis and know how to move when the bullets fly. The one day I didn't leave the house, for over a year. The parkland and another mass shooting seen on television triggered me.

I contacted a psychiatrist who said he wasn't taking any "trauma" patients. I told my neighbor that. I said it was interesting to be referred to as a trauma patient. He replied, "if you were there, it happened to you, you were affected."

I quit my job and was kicked out of my apartment because I didn't pay my rent by the people who hid in their units while this was all happening.

I moved 3000 kilometres away and I am now homeless.

There was a whole lot of in between as well. There was no blood and guts, but a whole lot of maybe. The denial of being affected just made things worse.

This is start. I live in Canada and we have universal healthcare so it is almost impossible to find a doctor.

I am not even sure to the extent how much this has affected me.

Hey TunaKuhuna,

Glad you found us :)

Super glad you are alive and sorry for the world of loss you have experienced.

Are there any NGOs working with vulnerable populations where you are that might help with either providing of or access to medical care (or both ;) ), and finding stable housing ASAP?

Are you safe from violence *right now*, where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back