Workers Comp

HisWife22

Sponsor
Is anyone here dealing with getting workers comp for their PTSD?

My husband is (first responder). It adds a whole new layer of hell to what we're dealing with. So much so that it almost doesn't feel worth it.

Just wondering if there's any shared experiences out there.

HisWife22

Sponsor
@Freida thanks!

BTW - just gotta tell you - I spent the last several days reading your ENTIRE thread about 'what are they thinking'. Mind blowing. Incredible info from the supporter perspective. Even helped me with how I approached this convo and how I developed a built in escape clause for him (handed him his Nintendo switch and phone and boogied right the hell out of the bedroom lol).

It should be required reading for everyone who peruses this site. Also, your husband is AMAZING.

Fangirl moment over, carry on! 😁

Freida

MyPTSD Pro
Even helped me with how I approached this convo and how I developed a built in escape clause for him (handed him his Nintendo switch and phone and boogied right the hell out of the bedroom lol).
LOL thanks!
I'm glad it helped -- and yep.. It helped me too! I had no idea what my supporters were going thru until the ones here started talking about how hard it is on them when we ghost.

Looking back? The hardest part was that I had no idea I was hurting the people around me. I actually thought ghosting was helpful for them!

And yep -- I am so very, very lucky with my hubby! 😁