• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You all keep me going

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
Just living day to day with C-PTSD can be a real struggle. I've got to keep my mind constantly or be passed out. Not much in between.

There are always symptoms to deal with. I rarely ever feel "good." (Unless I'm highly medicated in some way). I rarely ever feel relaxed. Mostly my body is so tense that I'd love to live in a hot epsom salt bath with a couple muscle relaxers down the hatch. But alas, the hot bath helps less than I'd hoped and I am not currently prescribed any muscle relaxers.

But I get to get on here and connect with you good peeps. This gets me through the day. Thanks.

Yesterday my power was out for a few hours. Ugh! No, I mean big time Ugh! I had to be still with myself for 3 hours. That was not fun.

I'm glad the power is back on. I'm glad you are here. Well, I'm sorry for what brings you here. But I'm glad we all have each other to lean on.

Hi, I get freaked out when my sky box freezes up. It's like no-way can I survive without tv to distract me. Sitting in silence.....f*cking scary!!! I have to unplug it and reboot it. I'm glad your power is back on.

Hi, I get freaked out when my sky box freezes up. It's like no-way can I survive without tv to distract me. Sitting in silence.....f*cking scary!!! I have to unplug it and reboot it. I'm glad your power is back on.
Yup! Can't do silence any more. At least not in the absence of copious amounts of meds. Lol. It sucks.

I'm glad I got my power back on too!

You all seem to get it. It's kinda just getting by, one day at a time. I'm going to the local recreational to get some meds to help me make it through one more day. I wish you were all here doing it with me, instead of just writing about it.

I enjoy the company of fellow survivors and sufferers. Your company makes my day better.

Thank you.

Woodsy1

I just "met" you today, but so far you are awesome. I like the way you are so responsive to what people write. I just moved, and with the Covid thing it's hard to meet new friends when you can't participate in fun activities. That's why I'm so grateful for this forum.

It is
I just "met" you today, but so far you are awesome. I like the way you are so responsive to what people write. I just moved, and with the Covid thing it's hard to meet new friends when you can't participate in fun activities. That's why I'm so grateful for this forum.
A great forum for connecting with folks who can relate to our trauma. I'm very thankful for this forum. Glad to know you, sorry for the circumstances.

Just living day to day with C-PTSD can be a real struggle. I've got to keep my mind constantly or be passed out. Not much in between.

There are always symptoms to deal with. I rarely ever feel "good." (Unless I'm highly medicated in some way). I rarely ever feel relaxed. Mostly my body is so tense that I'd love to live in a hot epsom salt bath with a couple muscle relaxers down the hatch. But alas, the hot bath helps less than I'd hoped and I am not currently prescribed any muscle relaxers.

But I get to get on here and connect with you good peeps. This gets me through the day. Thanks.

Yesterday my power was out for a few hours. Ugh! No, I mean big time Ugh! I had to be still with myself for 3 hours. That was not fun.

I'm glad the power is back on. I'm glad you are here. Well, I'm sorry for what brings you here. But I'm glad we all have each other to lean on.
It's not so bad being by yourself, if you have developed a couple stress reducing hobbies. Now my mind likes hobbies that require intense thought for the time I'm doing them......that it takes me away into that super-focused feeling....like dissociation, but it isn't because I'm not having a fearful episode....I'm content in the moment. So, I may draw, get in my car with my camera and go take photos of wildlife, sit down and work on a puzzle (I often have one set up working on),do an art project, write a story, or complete a holiday project. Then, when I have something constructive and fulfilling to do, being alone is both relaxing and productive!

What kinds of things make you feel accomplished....hobbies tend to make me feel this way. What kinds of hobby type things have you tried and liked/or not liked and why? And if you had all the money in the world, what hobbies would you spend your money on?

It's not so bad being by yourself, if you have developed a couple stress reducing hobbies. Now my mind likes hobbies that require intense thought for the time I'm doing them......that it takes me away into that super-focused feeling....like dissociation, but it isn't because I'm not having a fearful episode....I'm content in the moment. So, I may draw, get in my car with my camera and go take photos of wildlife, sit down and work on a puzzle (I often have one set up working on),do an art project, write a story, or complete a holiday project. Then, when I have something constructive and fulfilling to do, being alone is both relaxing and productive!

What kinds of things make you feel accomplished....hobbies tend to make me feel this way. What kinds of hobby type things have you tried and liked/or not liked and why? And if you had all the money in the world, what hobbies would you spend your money on?
Thanks for this. I probably need to find some more hobbies.

I like to get out of the house. Go for a walk. Go for a drive. The weather has been rainy and dark here lately. I've had a cold and just been staying inside getting depessed.

One day the utility crew was preparing the neighborhood for fibre optic installation. The power was out 3 hours and I was going stir crazy.

The only book I'm reading right now is abuse related. I just didn't feel like reading it.

Ugh.

Today is somewhat better. I'm going to see some old friends today. That should be nice.

I think I'm going to start figuring out some more things to keep my mind occupied.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Woodsy1

Journaling, scrapbooking, furniture refinishing, raising chickens, horseback riding, making dreamcatchers, gardening, seed saving. These are a few of my hobbies. There is a whole world of hobbies out there for you to explore!

Journaling, scrapbooking, furniture refinishing, raising chickens, horseback riding, making dreamcatchers, gardening, seed saving. These are a few of my hobbies. There is a whole world of hobbies out there for you to explore!
Thanks! I'll make note of these!

It's getting better, friend. Maybe one more day until totally gone. I imagine I will be back to lifting weights and taking a walk tomorrow. We'll see what the day brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back