Addressing Challenges in My Brother's Transition to Adulthood

It's alright. Win some, lose some.

I wonder whether you can get some kind of neutral person like a counsellor or a social worker to be someone your brother talks to once or twice a month about "his future" and what steps he's taking towards taking responsibility and becoming independent?

Thankfully, he has people at his school he enjoys engaging with that help with those things. He takes their words more readily, even if they are the same ones I use 😄 I spoke briefly with one of his counselors earlier actually. He's caused a bit more trouble, but they are doing what they can.

He is testing limits and he's just going to have to struggle a bit to understand the rest.

He is testing limits and he's just going to have to struggle a bit to understand the rest.
Plus its a natural thing - leaving the nest - testing your limits - getting ready to fly on your own. ALL boys have that. All of them.

......be glad you are the female part of that. Between the ages of 16 and 21 their father goes from smart to the dumbest guy on earth and back to smart again.

I know my dad did......

Back