• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Any Ddnos Or Did Patients Who Have Completed Therapy Successfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Saria thank you for the link to the book. I downloaded it as soon as I saw your post. I am learning so much about myself. The weird thing is that I sent my therapist a text asking if he had read this book. He had just ordered it from Amazon and it is supposed to arrive at his house today so we will read it and do the assignments together. Thanks again!

I have had many traumas since childhood. During one of the earliest ones, I sectioned off that part...

@BloomInWinter, I love that you're able to write in such an empowering way: the active language, that you don't distance yourself from your trauma but that you also convey that your trauma is not who you are, and the elegance and grace of acceptance but not surrender.

You "sound" like you're doing well, and I can't imagine how hard you've worked to get to where you can write about it the way you have: simply and honestly and with generosity.

So yeah ... thanks for that. And I really look forward to reading what you write when you get to the place where you've finished your therapy.

☺️

As of yesterday, I am officially released from therapy to go enjoy my life. My "fragments" are now no longer such an issue, though they are still there and noticeable at times. But overall, I am much more integrated, and can trust all parts of myself to be helping me life l as it comes. I've learned what each part of me is needing when it presents strongly enough to get my attention. Usually, that is rest, comfort, safety, and self-care.

I am loving my life and I trust all of me to be able to seek what I want to out of life from now on.

There is hope. Don't give up. I never expected this to happen for me, but it is wonderful as the work is so very worth it.

One of my biggest grieves is that I cant seem to find therapy that is working in Noway for an affordable price.

Im glad for you Bloominwinter - it gives hope that its possible. Take well care and enjoy.

My Belief based on anecdotal evidence: Most people with DID have different alters that were abused by Different Perpetrators.... I'm sure there are exceptions.

Hi Muse,
That's not the case with me. I had two major abusers who were in a relationship together; my father and his boyfriend. I developed PTSD, DID, and poly-fragmentation. I had a huge system with many layers of alters in groups of six or twelve. The PTSD and DID started when I was three years old due to witnessing two murders perpetrated by my father. At the time though, I didn't know that man committing the murders was my father until I was 10 years old. I called that murderer "The Crazy Man." I later witnessed more murders. I was forced to play with each child before they were murdered. In turn, I named alters after those murdered children.

My DID and poly-fragmentation completely healed soon after 2005 when I admitted that I had had a different father than my siblings. Somehow I had always known it even though I had blocked all memories of my abuse, the murders, and my father. That's the year I stopped sleeping with my bedside light on as well. I no longer needed to be afraid of the unknown; my father. He existed.

It took 25 plus years of therapy to heal from the DID and poly-fragmentation. I used to ask my one therapist why it took so long to heal. He said it just does with DID and/or poly-fragmentation.

Though I finished with therapy in the fall of 2015, I still have nightmares and dreams here and there about my father. I suspect that when I go back to editing my novel I've written about my father that I'll possibly have more memories. Right now the nightmares and dreams are more or less benign and inconsequential. Never thought I'd say that.

Oops!

I said 25 plus years of therapy to heal from the DID and poly-fragmentation. That's how many years I was in therapy. Period. It took 17 years to heal from DID and poly-fragmentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Incongruous I'm sad to think of you and me and other kids having fathers like this.

Did you have one therapist for 25 years or 17 years? I don't know how you did that. I'm in awe of what you had to do and what you were strong enough to do. I need to process this. It hurts me to think about it and feel my feelings. So sad for both of us I guess.

Did you have one therapist for 25 years or 17 years?

Hi Muse,
I stayed with one therapist for 14 years. I had three other therapists before that for a total of 3 years. One of them was beyond a doubt the worst therapist I ever saw. Behind my back she tried to get me committed to an institution. I'm glad she wasn't successful. She supposedly knew about DID. The way she went about therapy told me she didn't. She had a difficult time dealing with my memories. They made her ill. Believe it or not, she once told me "I needed to learn how to throw up." I repeated her words to my husband who thought I said, "I needed to learn how to grown up." When he finally understood what I had said we both had a good laugh.

The therapist I stayed with for 14 years helped me the most. I worked on/in therapy hard in order to heal; journaling thousands of pages and openly sharing them with my therapist. I've got many journals filled with my feelings, thoughts, and memories. Though during that time I had yet to discover the evil deeds of my father except for the two murders I witnessed at 3 years old and the abortion I had at age 10. Basically we worked on healing from the bad therapist and then integrating groups of alters down to smaller numbers. At one point I stopped writing down all of the alters I had. Just too many to list. When my system got down to manageable numbers, I had three sets of 12 alters each protecting the core, me.

One of my major victories was discovering the way in which my memories were hidden in plain sight within my system. It took 9 months to understand it; learning to listen to those alters and what they were saying.

Hello, so I was diagnosed with Ddnos and PTSD. I try to focus on solutions in these types of forums...
Surprised that a therapist would say it that way, it is expected to take the time until the patient gets better, whether that is long or not can not be said right away.

Do not get discouraged, all patients heal at different rates, give yourself the time to heal, and never ever allow anyone to abuse you while you heal, which is what happened to me when someone tried that.

I am very very lucky and I know it too damned, one really learns as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back