• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Can bed wetting have anything to do with the 15 years i was sexually abused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveIglee

New Here
I have been sexually abused from 4 to 16 by 2 family members. Have struggled with accidents (bed wetting) and for a time during the day when I have PTSD problems for years. I've been out for only a little over a year and am still having problems with it. Really embarrassed and shamed. Anyone else?

I haven't personally experienced it but... my understanding is it's fairly common, and fairly treatable.
It's nothing to be ashamed about.
Do you have access to medical help atm?

It can be structural damage, the result of an untreated STD, or a common side effect of severe anxiety.

Have you seen a doctor to rule of the first 2?

Medical causes are like pressing the EASY button, on this kind of thing.

It is quite common in people with your past. It can also be a side effect of seizures in sleep, a UTI, structural damage etc. or anxiety. It could be a number of things, but my advice would be to visit a doctor. Be honest with them about your concerns and they will help you figure out what it is and how to treat it.
It is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. So please don't beat yourself up for that. It isn't your fault and whatever it is, it can be treated or managed. Loads of people have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back