• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Does anyone else get other weird symptoms from PTSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can relate to everything from the low hum to the underwater feeling with muffled noise or totally miss another's words, and yet totally the hypervigilance. I can even hear my phone charger, or the clock on a different floor. I can even hear my neighbour's phone ring, and we ALL have our windows closed. 🙄😏

I definitely can relate to the low hum, buzzing, ringing and high pitch sounds. I am very concern that my hearing is on its way out. and I wonder what's going on inside my ears or head. I noticed exactly what your describing and its very concerning.
Far west, thank you for your response. If it’s any consolation I took myself for a hearing check. Apparently my hearing is ‘age appropriate’ or in other words as they would expect as with age apparently it’s normal to loose the ability to hear the highest and lowest noises. At least for me I know this annoyance isnt me going deaf - at least not yet!

yesterday i had my first orange fizzy drink in years and was shocked at the chemical aftertaste and intense sweetness. Again no one else seemed to notice.

PTSD, hyper-vigilance together with all the other lovelies we have to contend with and now I’m beginning to pick up vibes when something isn’t quite right. I’ve kept quiet on this one until now. I’ve never been good at knowing when someone isn’t telling me the whole truth but now I seem to have developed a radar and heat seeking missile.

oh joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back