• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Had first session with psychiatrist yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esterio

MyPTSD Pro
Hi there!
Yesterday I met with a new Psychiatrist. I have been very anxious in the lead up to this. I had a really bad experience !8 years ago with medication and a close attempt to take my own life. Which I believe was cause by my bad reactions to medications over about 1.5 years of trail and error. made me extremely sick. I left my wife and went and lived away in the bush away from people for the better part of 5 years. I thought I was going away to die.
So yesterday was an introduction get to know me a little. She has all of my hours of interviews before EMDR as well as notes from anger management and stress therapy. We talked a lot about what has been going on with me. We talked about my avoidance of medications first as one of my conditions was not to prescribe medication without a proper diagnoses.
Getting close to the end of the session she told me that I do have complexed PTSD and am suffering a lot of symptoms depression, anxiety, Dissociative disorder and possibly others. Then she said that complicating all of this is multiple head injuries. The file on my worse head injury is missing so she can not find out what happen then. So she is ordering MRI first to see what kind of damage was caused. She is also going to start doing all kinds of other testing and get me a proper diagnoses and hopefully help me out.
If I got anything out of this session it is that maybe they can help me. I have some hope.
Thanks for reading
Esterio

That's great @Esterio. She sounds like she's well qualified and really want's to help. And it seems like you're ready to start to make some changes. Good for you.

You're not still living in the bush are you? I hope you have proper shelter now! Take care of yourself. Best of luck to you!!

XO

That's great @Esterio. She sounds like she's well qualified and really want's to he...
hi there Luckilee
Thanks for you support. I live right beside the bush. I live in my old school bus and have had a cabin built around it. I am in a good place to live now.
I liked her and she made me to feel comfortable and free to speak my mind. I am hopeful I have found the person that will help me out now.
thanks again
Esterio

That all sounds really positive and it sounds like she is the right person to support you going...
It does sound good doesn't it. I have been ready for a long time to deal with this. I have found it to be impossible on my own.
Thanks for your support
Esterio

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back