• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello.... new dissociated system

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you search "DID forums" in your browser, it should bring up a few that are currently active. The only one I'm sort of familiar with is Ivory Garden, but I'm not a member there anymore. It's welcoming to people who have been diagnosed and anyone with dissociation generally.
is the forum on here called Dissociation not for people with dissociation then? ..I guess I misunderstood what conditions it was for I didn't realise there were separate forums for different kinds/levels of Dissociaton?

is the forum on here called Dissociation not for people with dissociation then? ..I guess I misunderstood what conditions it was for I didn't realise there were separate forums for different kinds/levels of Dissociaton?
It might help to contact a moderator for an explanation. I've never completely understood the separation of "other disorders" and the dissociation forum, but yes, the dissociation forum is for people who dissociate. And since you--apparently--have not been diagnosed with anything specific, it's the right one for you.

Sorry for the confusion.

As it’s already been discussed in thread, I’ll put on my ModHat 🤠 for a moment, and respond as a moderator, rather than simply moving your question to Contact Us.

I've never completely understood the separation of "other disorders" and the dissociation forum

This is a PTSD site.

The different subforums are all in relation to the lives & symptoms of PTSD.

PTSD Anxiety, Panic, & Hypervigilance
PTSD Avoidance
PTSD Cognitive Distortions & Core Beliefs
PTSD Depression & Suicidality
PTSD Dysregulation
PTSD Disassociation, Depersonalization, & Derealization
PTSD Relationships
PTSD + Other Disorders
Etc.

The focus and wealth of our experience & membership is narrowed to a single disorder (PTSD), rather than all of them (like Home | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness ), or specific types of trauma regardless of what results from them (like RAINN | The nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization ), or any other of the myriad ways that people connect across countless different sites.

The reason we have an ‘Other Disorders’ subforum is because people with PTSD often have other disorders. So if I want to talk about ADHD Disassociation? I don’t post under PTSD Disassociation, but Other Disorders.

The same way a cancer forum will have subforums for people with cancer AND mental illness, or people with cancer AND children, etc. Because people, and our lives, get complicated.

If that doesn’t help clarify, or if you (or anyone else reading this) have more questions… Please, rather than responding to this post, reach out to staff at Contact Us

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back