• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Looking For A Way Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not suggesting "group" but couple, only for a couple of sessions so he can see what you work on, as a bystander of sorts.

My mister sat in my sessions at no charge... and it gave him a lot of insight. If that's possible.

If possible, I agree.

If your boyfriend could gain some insight into this, then maybe he wouldn't personalize it so much. He might also learn how to respond in a way that will be more helpful for you.

Do you think your therapist might be open to having your boyfriend join you for a couple of sessions?

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry your feeling so overwhelmed. I would suggest reading, The stress cup here on the forum. It may help with understanding alittle about anger. I'm glad your seeing a therapist, it's a good first step. I feel therapy is great for anyone. As far as your boyfriend feeling bad about himself, maybe tell him about the supporters forum here. It may help him be kinder to himself.
It's hard as a supporter to see someone they love struggling. We just want to fix everything but all we can do is support our suffer. He sounds like a great supporter :)

If possible, I agree.

If your boyfriend could gain some insight into this, then maybe he wouldn't pe...
I suppose she might. She suggested in the past allowing my dad to come, but I feel anxious having others there. I guess I'll know after the appointment. I'm supposed to go to it soon.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry your feeling so overwhelmed. I would suggest reading, The stress cup her...
Thank you so much. I asked him to do some research on his own, but he believes he can learn what he needs from me. It's frustrating because sometimes those who suffer just can't put it into words. Maybe if I showed him this website he could change his mind.

Well, you should only consider it if or when YOU feel ready. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks for you. The first thing is to establish a safety zone. A place where you truly feel free to be yourself with a safe person.

There are other ways for him to become much more educated and supported.

Well, you should only consider it if or when YOU feel ready. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks fo...
I trust him. I've told him most of the things I've gone through, save for some minor incidents that I don't always remember. It's difficult for him to understand. He hasn't had a very easy life either, but he's always managed to work through whatever comes his way. So I think he's struggling to imagine having something like PTSD that doesn't let you simply "work through it" the way others can. I try to explain that there's just something wrong with me. Not in a self-battering sort of way, but in a practical, I-just-have-these-issues sort of way. He thinks I just don't believe in myself, but I do. I know I can get through this eventually, somehow.

Why is it so impossible for others to understand?

Because this is not a logical issue. It's emotional. A + B does not = C. If it doesn't make sense than it cannot be.

I find it impossible to explain to my engineer husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back