• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical job/sick/colleague sick/ Stress regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rani G2

MyPTSD Pro
Hi people,
working in the medical sector (35 hr week) And tomorrow is a 12 hr shift. Slightly sickish, my colleague won’t be there (Sick, really sick), meaning I will have to handle things alone. I might have support for a few hours. So, I know my boss is pretty supportive as well but I am slightly anxious that I won’t be fit enough to tackle it.

Took loads of household remedies, even the super gross ones like onions, Garlic disgusting antiseptic tea etc.
I usually suck it up and Do, but this is a bit tough.. I wonder how people work and have kids..

Anyways... just getting out of my brain.

Get a lot of rest and all you can do is the best you can. Hit the important things and leave the rest. If you get to it all great, but if you don't the priority things are done. Wishing you the best.

I wonder how people work and have kids..
:roflmao: ...Babysitters. Plural. Daycare, well child care, sick child care, night care, short term care, emergency care, and even with a couple different options in each category... you still will end up missing work or leaving work early to care for them from time to time. Especially during cold/flu season. Because when kids get sick? Everyone around them gets sick. Including all available childcare providers.
Hi people,
working in the medical sector (35 hr week) And tomorrow is a 12 hr shift. Slightly sickish, my colleague won’t be there (Sick, really sick), meaning I will have to handle things alone. I might have support for a few hours. So, I know my boss is pretty supportive as well but I am slightly anxious that I won’t be fit enough to tackle it.
It’s not your job to staff your position when you’re sick. It’s your boss’s job to have alternates and backups - just like a parent having alternates and backups.

If you’re almost but not quite too sick to work? Let your boss know you’re coming in, but may need to leave early. That lets them start either finding a sub or rescheduling appointments.

@Friday..

Thank you I feel better now...
My house remedies helped. Yes its not my job to fill the void.

Thanks

Off topic question

You mentioned forensic pathology? I just cannot remember..sry for bothering you with this.

You mentioned forensic pathology? I just cannot remember..sry for bothering you with this
Not forensic pathology, at least I don’t think so, I’m far more likely to mention forensic anthropology, but that doesn’t fit any convo I can remember us having. You mentioned it earlier, and I can remember something about the scientific investigation (ology) of something we talked about (far more likely to be on power dynamics?)... but I hit a blank wall. Both in my memory and the search function. Meaning it was probably in chat, before the site upgrade, so the search feature doesn’t pull it. And then I hit a bad spell, so my apologies. If you can remember anything more about the convo itself, hit me up on my profile.

@Friday yes power dynamics. I didn’t understand why you mentioned that kind of literature? I think it was criminal pathology... yes. Maybe even Anthropology? Yes it was while chatting.. anyways.. maybe you will remember. If not... we’ll atleast I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back