• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Support thread for people with slim body issues (because that's a thing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
So I have been looking for a thread with that topic but all I see, everywhere in society is 'loosing weight issues'
I have had people looking at me with kind of disgusted faces saying 'OMG you're so slim haven't you eaten enough??' and would consider myself 'normal' (definition body mass index (bmi))
And I still get those comments all the time. I already got so much problems with my body anyway I don't want to hear this adding to my insecurities.
You are beautiful small or large sized! There's no such thing as having the right to tell people that they are not right the way the are unless they're healthy.

This is so true!! Somehow people think they can comment on slim people like it's not the same as telling someone who is overweight that they're fat and I hate it.
I vomit a lot because of my PTSD and everyone in my family doesn't want to admit I have PTSD, so they always ask if I got anorexia. I know this wouldn't worry them or happen when I wasn't this slim.

If someone can't fix it in 10 seconds then don't comment on it. If there's something between my teeth, tell me. But don't bother someone with comments on their weight/acne/ whatever.

This is so true!! Somehow people think they can comment on slim people like it's not the same as telling someone who is overweight that they're fat and I hate it.
I vomit a lot because of my PTSD and everyone in my family doesn't want to admit I have PTSD, so they always ask if I got anorexia. I know this wouldn't worry them or happen when I wasn't this slim.

If someone can't fix it in 10 seconds then don't comment on it. If there's something between my teeth, tell me. But don't bother someone with comments on their weight/acne/ whatever.
Yes, that's so true. I am so used to getting questions like that, or comments on my lifestyle and eating habits mostly by my own family.
It is not just really annoying but hurting my feelings offen. Nobody should say that someone looks disgustingly slim (my former classmates)

Yes I'm a skinny. Now I’m an old skinny lol. It’s fair game somehow to say I’m too thin or am I sick. I avoid people so much now I don’t have to listen anymore. You work your ass of getting thin and you get grief about it. My therapist especially is a pest and she’s a skinny! Can’t win on this one. I like skinny, but I’m cold always lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back