• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Will anti depressants interfere or aid recovery from CPTSD?

Matello

New Here
I have been having counselling for 13 months. I feel I'm making little progress and have just had a heartbreak caused by limerance.
Other things are going on too. Friend is dying of cancer, elderly parent early stages of dementia and a pressured work life.
I feel overwhelmed.
My question is if I go to the doctor for medical help will this gloss over my CPTSD issues and make recovery harder?

I have been having counselling for 13 months. I feel I'm making little progress and have just had a heartbreak caused by limerance.
Other things are going on too. Friend is dying of cancer, elderly parent early stages of dementia and a pressured work life.
I feel overwhelmed.
My question is if I go to the doctor for medical help will this gloss over my CPTSD issues and make recovery harder?
I have this same quandary. There are days I feel so low and anxious that I want to go back on a low dose of Fluroxetine which I know helps stabilise me but then as was mentioned, it'll be like doing the work twice. First the EMDR for CPTSD then getting off the Fluroxetine and still coping. I know Im so emotionally disregulatd at the moment and looking to numb all the feels tbh

People are different, and respond differently to antidepressants, there aren't any conclusive answer to this.

Personally, I had to choose between the excrutiating horrible agony of being on Sertraline (which made any processing impossible, it was THAT bad) -- or just process the damn trauma.
I chose the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back