• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship So Lost...is He Gone Or Will He Back Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy0712

New Here
My bday was a couple days ago...texted him like crazy no response, NO bday wish just complete disappearance. He went back home to do his probation (for assault), n to be there for his dad who is dying. He has not tried contacting me at all, shut off his phone for over 2 wks now. I know I acted crazy hoping I would reach out to him :( Last thing he said was disappear. It hurts like hell but I need to do what he asks for.
When I do disappear, he reappears like I am suppose to forget everything n I do cause I love him dearly. I don't know if this time he will reappear. Sorry...I am just venting, feeling crushed, alone n there is no one who understands. When I couldn't take it n wanted to end it, he would chase me n chase but I always responded n never shut the door n now here he has completely shut the door shut, no phone contact or email. I can't go to where he is at cause I have a job and kids.
I am completely lost...he meant everything to me.

He on probation for assault and dealing with a major loss and badly but clearly indicated he doesn't want contact by telling you to disappear. That's a boundary, communicated in a manner that is a bit emotionally abusive. It really is horrible to tell someone else to disappear. That along with his other threats in the past to destroy property that is very dear to you, I think is best that you two are not in a relationship and it would make sense that if you are not in a healthy dating relationship he wouldn't contact you, no matter how many times you plead for contact.

Chasing is usually not a good idea because it implies someone is running.

It's a really crappy situation and he's being awful towards you and I'm sorry.

I hope that over time you can let him go and find someone who can really be there for you and your kids, and cherish you like you deserve.

If he has come back in the past, he could come back again his time, I would be prepared to set boundaries of your own in a healthy manner if that happens, and be clear about what is and isn't ok to have happen in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back