• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Citalopram Gave Me Uncontrollable Laughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin66

New Here
Apologies if this post is in the wrong place.

At the onset of ptsd I was given diazepam and citalopram, and subsequently carbamazapine.

After taking 10mg of citalopram for one week I developed uncontrollable laughter and I mean uncontrollable. I was on the floor in hysterics, singing, dancing, telling jokes. I was unable to speak to medical staff on the phone and eventually visited by a doctor.

I was switched to sertraline, and whilst this had side effects they were and are still not as severe.

idiceus

"After taking 10mg of citalopram for one week I developed uncontrollable laughter..."

That's one medicine I would like to have if that is a common side-effect.

All joking aside, it sounds like the medication made you manic. Mania can cause people to be extremely hyper and giddy. Uncontrollable laughter would NOT be fun, it's an inappropriate affect. I'm glad you're off it and doing better on sertraline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back