1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Craniosacral

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by Shiver, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Shiver

Shiver Member

Hi!

I have sessions with a physiotherapist for an hypermobility issue.

Two of those sessions, he did something called craniosacral. I keep on dissociating as a reaction to it. It's not always full on dissociation, sometimes derealization, depersonalization.

When I search craniosacral on Google, I read that it's positive for people with ptss. I, however, don't experience it as positive.

Anyone with similar experiences?

shimmerz likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. void

void I'm a VIP

It sounds like your body is saying "Stop"

CS is aka body-work.....if your body is saying "Stop", should you listen?

4. Scarlet13

Scarlet13 Well-Known Member

Cranial sacral works with the cerebal fluid and releases things out of the nervous system.
    So, it could be releasing symptoms.
    After I do it, I get memories that come to the surface.

5. shimmerz

shimmerz My silence spoke a thousand words you never heard Premium Member

Dissociation happens with any type of therapy that I know of. I think the deal is whether you are able to release the byproduct of your need to dissociate. The problem that I can see with this is that this physiotherapist most likely doesn't know trauma. If not, I would put the brakes on it or, if you have a T discuss with the T. Whoever treats you needs to know trauma, imo.

I have heard great things about craniosacral as it relates to PTSD. If, that is, if you are being treated by someone who understands the release of trauma.

Sietz likes this.
  6. CaraG

CaraG Active Member

I have had cranial sacral therapy but it was for a head injury and it changed my recovery. In one session it decreased my light and sound sensitivity by 85%. I have never had any treatments for PTSD. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  7. Shiver

Shiver Member

Thanks for replying :)

I was kinda worrying that my reaction was somewhat strange/abnormal. Maybe it isn't that strange ;)

shatter eyes likes this.
  8. shatter eyes

shatter eyes Well-Known Member

Can you share more about your experience please? I had been suggested to try cranial sacral and i have TBI also. I am very curious about how this works.

Thanks!