• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Watch Law & Order: Svu?

Do you watch Law & Order SVU?

• Yes - I find it cathartic/therapeutic.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Yes - But it's hard to watch.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Yes - But just as something to watch.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other- I used to.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • No - I simply can't. (too triggering)

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • No - Not interested.

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain screams because it is so unfair that 1) others have friends or family that support them

I relate to this quite a lot.

One reason I prefer watching shows where for quite so long, the protagonist has goddamn no one / is surrounded by adversity. I can relate to that quite a lot, & then the trust issues & own judgment trust issues & you're-on-your-own. Immediately reachable support network right where the person is leaves me so :cautious: about the worse traumas.

More like everything went kaboom, we were out of supplies, communications sabotaged, no idea where we are and who the f*ck is against us this time, if team work? Yeah. I grok that. Everything goes smoothly & happy ends? D'oh. Really. :O_o:

Like Fade, I have a hard time watching entire episodes due to concentration things, but I do like the characters, seeing people portrayed who want to get these assholes and put them away.

It's another reason I like some true crime shows, like on ID. Guess I still heed what Mr. Rogers said, look to the people who are helping. Joe Kenda is a fav.

It never interested me. My old roommate loved it so it was often on in the background but I never voluntarily watched it by myself. Honestly, I'm definitely more of a "Criminal Minds" kind of girl

Before I got PTSD I used to watch it. I had to stop though because most of the episodes kept airing about kids and it is some f*cked up shit.

I watch it because it reminds me of my grandma, the only healthy role model I had at the time. We watched it together when I was 12/13.
Olivia Benson's character is also the reason I finally talked about the sexual abuse that was happening and got myself out of my parent's house.

I'm a SVU addict, for awhile it was the only thing I watched (besides GOT of course) Some
episodes are too much and I don't always watch the more graphic stuff (I've got enough
gore stored in my brain thank you very much), but I love how the detectives work so hard to
achieve safety and justice for the victims.

For several years now I've had a search wishlist on the tevo thingamejig for sexual abuse cause I do watch documentaries and generally find them so helpful and also it's good to see the world talking about an issue that's affected me n so many others so much

At least half the hits for sexual abuse seem to be for that TV show though.

I've never watched it. I just get the impression it's sexual abuse / rape as entertainment. Which makes me bloody angry...

I so understand where you're coming from, Bearlinda. I just sometimes find it healing to see the characters work so hard to get the bad guys and make justice happen.

I am not recommending watching it, because it can be very triggering, just saying I think it serves a good purpose in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back