• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Does Prescription Medication Help Your PTSD?

What Has Prescription Medication Done For You With Your PTSD?

• Made you worse than without it?

Votes: 49 16.6%
  • Made you better in some areas, worse in others?

Votes: 113 38.2%
  • Made you no better or worse?

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • Made improvements across your treated range of symptoms?

Votes: 102 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take Ativan, but as only I feel it is needed. It does help the physical symptoms of sinus tachycardia and breathing diffculties, and shakiness. In terms of brain problems -- difficult speaking, lack of concentration, dissociation -- doesn't do a thing. But, of course Doctors want me off it because it's addictive. They want to put me of either anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. Did try once before and had an immediate dangerous side-effect of suicidal actions. Obviously, made it through the night, but not going to try again.

I now take medicine just to avoid withdrawal syndrome a very real and horrid experience those who have been on benzos for any length of time or paxil will experience after going off the drugs and while tapering. Klonopin has burned out my neurons and made me more sensitive to perceived threats increased my cortisol levels and made me much more sensitive than I was b4 taking it. I am taking supplements to balance my system from the damage caused by klonopin. I take vitamins minerals and amino acids to bolster my nervous system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back