• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

EMDR telemedicine equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibson

Policy Enforcement
My therapist suggests we do emdr via video, which I have no problems with. But are there any decent emdr home equipment for sale? If you can recommend any, or simply know of any, please let me know.

Sounds great. I assume they don't have anything to compensate for the lack of «tappers». Do you think the tappers would provide a significantly different therapy?

Appreciated. So tappers, such as in this ridiculously expensive gear, that's just doubling down on the bilateral stimulation? I assume that headphones are there for the same reason, providing some buzz-sound left and right for bilateral stimulation?

Fascinating. This is just too good to be true. Wrists, so they can be turned on all the while going about daily life, and they're about as effective as regular EMDR light.

It would be great to try, as I have some stuff that happened year before last that has been feeling like yesterday, stuff that would be amazing to quench. It's been spinning around every day for 1.5 years. Maybe such bi-tapp wrist tappers could do the trick.

May I ask, are they beneficial for sleep for you as well? I see it says on their website that they may improve sleep.

Fascinating. This is just too good to be true.
Wanna blow your mind?

EMDR was developed after Dr Shapiro noticed a marked difference in the trauma clients she saw in session whilst walking in the woods outside of her office, than the clients she saw IN the office. Even when it was the same durn client in 2 different settings. So she set out to find some kind of scientific basis for the drastically different results. The whole “that’s weird” forming the basis of most earth shaking discoveries in science.

EMDR? Is “just” an attempt to make a walk-in-the-woods able to happen anywhere. Including sitting in a broom closet, or on the moon, or wherever.

((Clearly, it’s not “just” that; it’s that the brain processes information & memories differently when it’s ALSO scanning in different directions / depths... and that’s also why people get motion sick walking in the woods/jungle/reading in the car/etc., it seriously plays havoc with neurological processes when there are different depths/bilateral stimulation in play. Sometimes in good ways, sometimes in nauseating ones.))

Bilateral stimulation is the common thread... whether visual, audial, touch, or movement based.

Fascinating. This is just too good to be true. Wrists, so they can be turned on all the while going about daily life, and they're about as effective as regular EMDR light.

It would be great to try, as I have some stuff that happened year before last that has been feeling like yesterday, stuff that would be amazing to quench. It's been spinning around every day for 1.5 years. Maybe such bi-tapp wrist tappers could do the trick.

May I ask, are they beneficial for sleep for you as well? I see it says on their website that they may improve sleep.
Yes. My therapist suggested them for everyday use. I use them when walking, sleeping, working. You can put them in your pockets, hold them in your hands, wear them around your wrists or ankles. They work via app from your phone or manually and they can be set on a timer. They are a little pricey, but I realize the company is small and likely isn't mass producing these things like a Toyota car... I hope this helps. They have a website that provides a lot of information.

Wanna blow your mind?

EMDR was developed after Dr Shapiro noticed a marked difference in the trauma clients she saw in session whilst walking in the woods outside of her office, than the clients she saw IN the office. Even when it was the same durn client in 2 different settings. So she set out to find some kind of scientific basis for the drastically different results. The whole “that’s weird” forming the basis of most earth shaking discoveries in science.

EMDR? Is “just” an attempt to make a walk-in-the-woods able to happen anywhere. Including sitting in a broom closet, or on the moon, or wherever.

((Clearly, it’s not “just” that; it’s that the brain processes information & memories differently when it’s ALSO scanning in different directions / depths... and that’s also why people get motion sick walking in the woods/jungle/reading in the car/etc., it seriously plays havoc with neurological processes when there are different depths/bilateral stimulation in play. Sometimes in good ways, sometimes in nauseating ones.))

Bilateral stimulation is the common thread... whether visual, audial, touch, or movement based.

Appreciated! I know that was tongue in cheek, blow my mind, but this may change my days completely. I am able to concentrate only when having the walk-in-the-woods you mention. Walking + audiobook = possible to concentrate. Sitting + audiobook = impossible to concentrate. So heck, this may even make it possible to read and write without going to lengths about setting up everything right. Perhaps it's the best thing happening the last decade for me, even if it just kinda works.

I actually never thought my symptoms (crippling) could be attributed to anything trivial (my life experiences), so I never looked into mental health, I've only explored somatic stuff as the cause of my symptoms. But looking back, well, there were some stuff that ravaged me, to the point I never wished I was born, that I never get into still, so there may be solutions in psychiatry to give remission. Such as the BLS you guys mention. If it would in any way resemble a walk-in-the-woods, I could be productive again.

I googled some, and it looks like we have:
• TouchPoints (gawful app reviews)
• Bumblebls (still under development, and looks subpar)
• Theratappers (wired)
• Neurotek (wired)

Bi-tapp 2.0? Gets great reviews on the apps, both iPhone and Android, but people wish there were bluetooth audio to come along with it. If nothing could trump the Bi-tapp I am buying it in a weeks time.

Appreciated! I know that was tongue in cheek, blow my mind, but this may change my days completely. I am able to concentrate only when having the walk-in-the-woods you mention. Walking + audiobook = possible to concentrate. Sitting + audiobook = impossible to concentrate. So heck, this may even make it possible to read and write without going to lengths about setting up everything right. Perhaps it's the best thing happening the last decade for me, even if it just kinda works.

I actually never thought my symptoms (crippling) could be attributed to anything trivial (my life experiences), so I never looked into mental health, I've only explored somatic stuff as the cause of my symptoms. But looking back, well, there were some stuff that ravaged me, to the point I never wished I was born, that I never get into still, so there may be solutions in psychiatry to give remission. Such as the BLS you guys mention. If it would in any way resemble a walk-in-the-woods, I could be productive again.

I googled some, and it looks like we have:
• TouchPoints (gawful app reviews)
• Bumblebls (still under development, and looks subpar)
• Theratappers (wired)
• Neurotek (wired)

Bi-tapp 2.0? Gets great reviews on the apps, both iPhone and Android, but people wish there were bluetooth audio to come along with it. If nothing could trump the Bi-tapp I am buying it in a weeks time.

Did you end up buying the bi-tapps? I've been looking at those and the touchpoints and just trying to do research on pros/cons and decide if I'll use them enough to make it worth it. Would love to hear about your experience!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back