• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Extremely bad trigger getting triggered daily out of nowhere. Looking for advice. Sensitive issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, I have also lived with this (as well as cat piss which is super hard to get out of your house. My cat is dying and literally pissing everywhere and I am physically disabled. It is super embarrasing for sure! People assume you are just nasty when that's no where near the truth!)

Anyway, I have a 77 year old father whom is also diabetic with diabetic neuopathy, that lived with me for 8 years. He also has this issue but is super senstive about it. Poor guy! His is more from old age, I think. But, needless to say, I have lived with this though my dad did clean it up and it shouldn't be too much to ask this person you live with to do the same. Actually, I'd demand it personally.

Anyway, I also have a trigger to this stuff. I keep a small spray bottle of perfume on me at all time that I constantly spray in front of me and will put some on my finger and spear it under my nose.

If all else fails, vicks vaper rub? And/or bleach? Those smells never seem to go away!

I think that a facial mask - like at the hospital -would be a very good way to get your point across. If it becomes an argument starter, tell them that your not feeling well and don't want them to get sick.

Oh littleoc. Everyone is right even people without PTSD would be in a bad mental state if they were living in that with a person having that kind of physical issue and a mental health issue for sure.
Idk about your financial situation and I hate to sound super cold because I know you love this person but you need to get out. Living somewhere rent free and even buying my own groceries it took me the 6 months they gave me to save $6000. That's enough for a security deposit, first month's rent, and everything you need for an apartment. I had a hospital bill, car insurance, my own groceries, and gas I was all paying for while I saved this money up. I'm not trying to sound insensitive but in a way I wish you would halfway let this person go so you could start living your own life.

Updates:
  • The person bought some adult bladder leak pads.
  • The person had washed those pants in the shower and left them up to dry. They did not realize that they were making me uncomfortable. They removed them happily after I said something. And apologized.
  • The person refused to get help for the house.
  • I am getting my license on the 5th of December hopefully. I don't have a birth certificate or a social security card, but I have a passport that proves I was born in the US. Hopefully that and my permit will be enough. If not then, then about thirty days after that. If that goes smoothly, I will get a job. I may ask my grandparents for help getting out of here. I'm losing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back