• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Falling Asleep/ Waking With Hallucinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Jo

Confident
So I have ptsd/complex trauma and I hear voices when under stress; but something else has been happening for a long time only now its getting more severe,and more often--while I'm falling asleep I feel people in the room, I know they're there, I wake up in a daze and i see them,every time. Sometimes I wake up talking to them. I wake up a lot during the night and when I do I even pass the person/persons as I leave my room and Ifeel calm--until they disappear and I'm like what the hell???? Any advice or anyone know what this is?

I sometimes have weird sort of waking sleep hallucinations where I think I see some one standing at the end of the bed or trying to come on to the bed and I end up screaming blood curdling screams and thrashing about. Noo good. Also embarrassing if staying with a friend or if I have house guests. My partner is getting used to it. :( I notice it goes away sometimes but usually rears its ugly head during times of extreme stress or anxiety. I had two last night.

Nephthys--dang the screaming and thrashing must be horrifying. Me too with the extreme stress making it worse. Good luck to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back