• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hoarding And CPTSD

Up early for another marathon declutter/ cleaning session.

Donna the liaison officer for building work will be here Monday. ( shes nice will meet first time)
My place is tiny and she will come in for a cup of tea. Id better fins a cup that isn't chipped!
I have a tiny hall to stand in then straight up the stairs.
I keep a couple of pairs of muddy boots at the bottom of the stairs, as take my shoes off when I come in.
Any quick ideas to cover them with something?
There is no space!
I just keep them on a tray on the stair, not a great first impression.
Any ideas?
Thank you

Think I will shove everything in my bedroom.
Kitchen cupboard needs mending that will take me hours.
In your opinion better to make sure stuff is clean rather than looking very cluttered?
What do you think?

@Sanctuary You might think of starting a few new threads (relationships, sleep & nightmares, medical stressors, anxiety, etc.) as new questions, especially on diverse topics, often get lost ...as most people will respond to the first post and not read through an entire thread looking for different things to respond to.

If you’d like more of an ‘all in one place’ & the most recent post is where you’re at & what you’re dealing with / people skip to the end? Trauma Diaries would be your best bet :D

Hi @Sanctuary :)
Well, I think if you can minimize the items on tables and counters, and wipe those same counters and tables with a damp cloth, that would be good. The less on counters and tables the better, because that is what people "see". Use paper bags and get everything off counters and tables, wipe them, and place the bags side by side on the couch, for the moment. Then stand at your entryway and look at the room. What draws your eye? Work on it for 15 min. Then stand at the door again. Now what draws your eye? It could be the same thing or it could be something else. Again, work on it for 15 minutes, keep this up. Keep going back to the entryway. First impressions and all that. Slowly move further in, keeping up your eagle eye.
I think your shoes and boots are fine, don't even bother.
You are going to get through this. :)

I'm having a major panic attack.

Got bathroom and kitchen clean and tidy.
The front room is halfway there.
The bedroom is a bomb site.

Scaffolding went up Monday, I dealt with it.
I only screamed when they were gone and the postman walked in the garden. ( that's why I buy him choc's every year )
Quick startle response ..is always alive.

( I was on my overlocker sewing machine the whole time they were climbing up the side of the house.)
I've got a gas inspection tonight at 5.30pm -9pm.
I've moved everything out the way so the man can get to the boiler etc.
But I still panic before a stranger comes in.

I had shoved everything in the loft I was hoarding.
Now I get a letter saying the loft has to be clear for the roof work.WTF ...
Now they tell me !!!!!!!!!!

I thought cover everything up there with metal foil blankets!
I've gotta keep a focused head. Saw my dad yesterday and he was coughing his lungs up.
Mayor panic attack.
Can't take a valium have to let this man in for boiler.
My annual gas inspection is not due until APRIL ! 13th 2019 . Legally

But because Clarion Housing has taken over they want to do it early and will want to put in a new boiler
so that can get more money off the government.
I'm close to losing the plot.

Thank you, Friday
Stick me where you think is best to get questions answered.
I'm a creative person but a bit of a technophobe, but if I need to put a new battery in my classic mini car and use a spanner I can do
it! Did today! My father taught me well.
I'm skilled in other areas, not spelling etc.
So, please do what you think is best.

I got a letter that said the loft has to clear for them to start work on the roof.!
Now they tell me.! !!!!!!!
So the hoard in the loft had to be cleaned. It was dirty, itchy job.
Recycled 25 classic VHS films, lots of empty cardboard boxes, and a bag of clothing to donate.
Got lots out of the loft for asbestos inspection on Monday.
But now my house looks like a hoard everywhere!
I'm getting it tidy, take a picture then a week later, crap out of the loft and the place is a mess again!
Anyone else battling the same addiction?

Update. Cleaned out the loft by someone asking on freecycle for donations for the salvation army for their spring fair.
I'm happy to give good stuff away if I know it's going to a good cause.
I took a picture of the boxes and boxes of things I was giving away and it was collected in one evening.
I have learned I'm not a little by a little person. I just go right that's it, I've had enough! and do it under a time limit in one
big go. I'm an all or nothing person.
Saying that stuff has ended up at the end of the bed again. It's my safety and protection. But if I can work on other areas in the house first it has made it easier to keep clean.
I miss my dead cat terribly. Have brought two books to try and learn to cope with the grief. Add it to my hoard of declutter books!
Any new learning techniques to let go of the clutter is welcome. !

I'm hurting and crying so much at the moment.
My cat died the 18th January and really struggling with the grief and missing her so badly.
Had her since a stray kitten, lasted nearly 16 years. I've lost my best friend, my only baby.
I don't know how to channel this pain productively.

I have had to ask permission from my landlords to get written consent to get a rescue cat.
I'm told by people GET OVER IT .. but it hurts so much and I don't know how too.
Any advice would be welcome if you have had to cope with putting your sick animal to sleep. please tell me.

The CPTSD on pet loss.
The crazy way.
Ok, so I'm sleeping with my cat's ashes in a box in her cat bed to be near her and wanting to dream of my BUBBA CAT
I've put little lavender bags in her new cremation box and a picture of my grandad who passed when I was 11.
The kindness man that ever lived.
I cry every morning as I wake at 4 am to get up and get her mediation ready.
I've found internet session LIL BUB ! I now have a virtual cat!
Quite funny as I used to let my bubba cat watch cat tv of birds and mice on my laptop and she loved it!
There is an hour-long u-tube video of lil bub purring by the fire.
She has no teeth, six toes, and tiny with a sticky out tongue and she adorable! A doppelganger of my Bubba !
I fell asleep at 4am in the morning listening to lil bub purr by the fire ( where my precious cat departed )
I finally felt comforted as I felt my bubba jump on the bed. ( A memory?)

I want a rescue cat so have now had to ask for written permission to do this from clarion housing after having a cat for 16 years!

My new goal is to be able to open the door and let visitors within ten minutes!
Bathroom and kitchen tidy, stairs and hall tidy, front room a mess and still the waist-high pile at the end of bed.!
I need another declutter book!
I just read that blue cross will collect clothing donations.

The virtual cat on my bed has helped me sleep. Crazy but if it helps don't knock it

Welcome to your trauma diary :hug:

Very sorry to hear about the passing of your cat. I completely understand. Sometimes, sharing happy memories about a lost loved one can help you cope. The love never dies.

The work you’ve done is beyond impressive. I hope you see that, despite all the stress that’s been surrounding all this.

Back