• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do i discuss serious mistakes with clinic manager tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. The advice you all gave was soooo helpful...

And that meeting went super badly.

The first good thing: It was not my fault. I didn't handle it perfectly, but well enough.
The second good thing: It was recorded.
The third good thing: I am never going back and my primary doctor supports that decision.

I sent the recording of the meeting to my primary care doctor who listened on her lunch break and called me and said there was no way in hell SHE could have handled what happened.

I let them run the meeting and followed the outline I developed here.

I met with the clinic director and compliance officer.

They stated the meeting was for the sole purpose of asking what I wanted for treatment, and yet they had not reviewed my intake or any therapy session notes. I stuff my anger that this was stupid... and I read the goals off my intake form. They indicated the clinic director would be my new therapist.

She refused to provide her last name.

Or type of license or indicate if she was trained to treat ptsd or trauma.

She also refused to provide state required disclosure paperwork until after the end of the first therapy session next week, and was so clear it would not be prior to therapy or at the beginning of the session, despite her own compliance officers objections. "It will only be provided once you can prove you can benefit." Oh and I'm not allowed to know what therapy techniques she uses. The compliance officer also objected and was shot down.

Frankly, if it had just been me and the compliance officer... this would have gone fine. She was actually reasonable at times. She told me she would get me al the info today, and the director, her boss, told her again not to do that.

The clinic director / my new therapist was a nightmare. Absolute nightmare.

It got worse from there... so much worse. I won't get into all the details.

On top of the many issues, I was not allowed to take notes. They refused to put anything in writing.

Damn glad I recorded it.

(A word of caution: do not record others without consent unless you know for sure its legal in your own state / country. It happens to be legal in my state. It's a felony in some other states in the US.*)

The compliance officer got really nervous and pulled me into another office without the director just before I left the building. She tried to make some things right, and I broke down in tears. "You better believe this isn't right." I told her I would not file with her, but outside regulatory offices, if I choose to do so. I asked for the proper state required compliance / grievance contact info which is supposed to be on several state required forms and she pulled out those forms saying it's there.

I told her, "show me."

She said "well, it's not on there... but I'll write it on there..."

I told her she has a lot of problems to start working on and doesn't need my help to get state required disclosure forms set up right...I'm leaving... now...

Wow. I really hope you can find appropriate treatment. I think it sounded like it went well in the sense that it was revealing that this clinic is so bad because the manager is so bad. Your care can only be as good as the people providing it.

I would've found that frightening. The fact that you have been able to assertively protect yourself and your own well-being, your basic rights, your dignity - so incredibly well, it's a real testament to you.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I'm so proud of how well you've handled yourself:)

I really hate when mental healthcare is f*cked up. It is so hard to navigate within a system that you need to get help from and trust especially if the providers are not operating humanely and ethically. I think its great that you navigated this so well. That just goes to show how good PTSD sufferers are at surviving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back