• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Is this ptsd

binchilling

Confident
I think I grew up in a dysfunctional but loved family when I was little. My mother and father used to argue and fight a lot, and I even had a few bad events where my mother tried to commit suicide. He doesn't remember whether my father was violent towards my mother, but I was never subjected to violence. They never treated me badly, except for problems between themselves. But I may have been a little abused because my mother was a bit of a perfectionist. She wanted me to be the best at everything and criticized me. I had good childhood memories, and until my dissociation period, I never thought I had a bad childhood.A week after my father fainted one day, I woke up into a persistent DPDR. I've been the same ever since, and my symptoms fluctuate as I go, I was functional for half of those five years. Anyway, right now I feel quite lost, as if my soul has been sucked out, there are no emotions, I don't feel anything towards my memories. And I doubt if I have DID. So I don't think I have a multiple personality, but this confusing state inside me tells me to consider that as a possibility as well. I am 18 years old and if you have any advice, I would like to listen to it. Especially for the DID part, I also have a DES score of 30 and I'm wondering what that means to you?

Is this PTSD? No idea.

There are a couple of dozen different things (both psych & medical) that share symptoms with PTSD.

If it’s something that’s concerning you? It’s worth seeing someone. No self diagnosis needed. You have a problem you want sorted. Maybe that will come along with a diagnosis, maybe it won’t.

Is this PTSD? No idea.

There are a couple of dozen different things (both psych & medical) that share symptoms with PTSD.

If it’s something that’s concerning you? It’s worth seeing someone. No self diagnosis needed. You have a problem you want sorted. Maybe that will come along with a diagnosis, maybe it won’t.
You are right, I already have an anxiety diagnosis, and I also have an obsessive personality. I'm thinking of getting trauma therapy soon. But the idea of having alters scares me quite a bit.

hello binchilling. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

to the best of my knowledge, there are no qualified diagnosticians here, but this is a great place to question and sort. i'll second @Friday 's notion that maybe that will come with a dx. maybe it won't. steadying support while you sort.

for what it's worth
i have heard considerable virtual forum talk about alters, but have yet to meet a live ptsd sufferer who has such a symptom. for sure, the forum talk is scary, but it remains virtual in my book. i'm old enough that my book still uses "virtual" as a synonym for, "almost."

hello binchilling. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

to the best of my knowledge, there are no qualified diagnosticians here, but this is a great place to question and sort. i'll second @Friday 's notion that maybe that will come with a dx. maybe it won't. steadying support while you sort.

for what it's worth
i have heard considerable virtual forum talk about alters, but have yet to meet a live ptsd sufferer who has such a symptom. for sure, the forum talk is scary, but it remains virtual in my book. i'm old enough that my book still uses "virtual" as a synonym for, "almost."
Oh, thank you for your kind attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back