• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My first-authored (and first ever) scientific paper has just been accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellbird

MyPTSD Pro
I'm officially a published scientific author!!

My baby of the last 6 months has finally come to fruition.
It started out as an assignment for a first year Masters course that I worked on once I left hospital in March after having my spinal fusion (scientific study helps to ground me).
That assignment got an A grade, and my supervisor then saw the potential in it to try to submit it to a peer-review scientific journal (I wish I could say which one but I won't for anonymity reasons).
The journal was interested, and I fine-tuned it, with the help of my supervisor and another scientist.

I was directly involved in/led essentially every step of the process.
-asking the other scientist to be a co-author
-contacting other scientists/corporations about information
-direction and writing of main text
-figure development from idea to publication-level graphics (self-taught myself Photoshop and Illustrator)
-cover letter for initial submission
-making the reviewer changes
-and writing up the response document for the editor after peer-review

It was stressful at times, but I loved every step of it.
We only submitted our reviewer changes about 24 hours ago, and the editor accepted it without needing to send it back to the reviewers.

I'm sobbing and just utterly ecstatic.

I'm officially a published scientific author!!

My baby of the last 6 months has finally come to fruition.
It started out as an assignment for a first year Masters course that I worked on once I left hospital in March after having my spinal fusion (scientific study helps to ground me).
That assignment got an A grade, and my supervisor then saw the potential in it to try to submit it to a peer-review scientific journal (I wish I could say which one but I won't for anonymity reasons).
The journal was interested, and I fine-tuned it, with the help of my supervisor and another scientist.

I was directly involved in/led essentially every step of the process.
-asking the other scientist to be a co-author
-contacting other scientists/corporations about information
-direction and writing of main text
-figure development from idea to publication-level graphics (self-taught myself Photoshop and Illustrator)
-cover letter for initial submission
-making the reviewer changes
-and writing up the response document for the editor after peer-review

It was stressful at times, but I loved every step of it.
We only submitted our reviewer changes about 24 hours ago, and the editor accepted it without needing to send it back to the reviewers.

I'm sobbing and just utterly ecstatic.
AWESOME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back