• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Name three living public people that you find to be inspirational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Stamets was gonna be on my list as well!

I've actually met Bill Mollison. And he dated my mum for a short while.

He wasn't the only guy to come up with permaculture either. The original book he did with a Tasmanian fellow David Halliwell or something? Can't quite remember his name, but he did a lot, and Bill has taken a lot of the credit. I don't have the book anymore. It stayed with my kids dad when I left.

Permaculture is actually based on the Traditional Australian Aboriginal way of life.

I , actually, have the privelage of living in the "Permaculture capital" of Australia, we are a small town, but, have a permaculture Institute and a permaculture suburb here.

Permaculture is Australia's contribution to the world stage. One I'm quite proud of actually.

There are folk using the principles in Africa and middle eastern countries that are arid deserts, yeah, it's quite awesome.Restoring them to abundant paradises.

I used to be in a band who sang about permaculture. We did many a gig for Robyn Francis, founder of the permaculture institute here and even on site.

So, on my list would also be Paul Stamets, and Ayan Hirsi Ali (I hope I spelled her name right)
I don't want to mention my third person coz he's exceedingly polarizing

I looked up the other co founder of permaculture, coz it was egging me.
His name is, actually, David Holmgren. A Tasmanian man. I haven't met him. I think he's a lot more humble than Bill, although Bill did great work.
Not sure if Bill Mollison is still alive? Last I heard, quite a few years ago now he had cancer and was really sick.

Elvis is definately dead.
That's what they want you to think.

My top three are James Landrith, David Lisak, and Richard Gartner, all big names in the male sexual abuse advocacy world. James Landrith was one of the first male rape victims of a female perp to come out. David Lisak is a founder of 1in6 and the Bristlecone Project. Richard Gartner is an academic and prolific author about male sexual abuse.

My top three are James Landrith, David Lisak, and Richard Gartner, all big names in the male sexual abuse advocacy world. James Landrith was one of the first male rape victims of a female perp to come out. David Lisak is a founder of 1in6 and the Bristlecone Project. Richard Gartner is an academic and prolific author about male sexual abuse.
Huh, don't say that! Paranoia! America and it's conspiracies!

shit, I just realised that they're all dead!!! Whoops!
That is sad @Survivor3 they were all incredible musicians!

Beautiful. I love it when I hear about, new to me, great humanitarians.
That is sad @Survivor3 they were all incredible musicians!
I should have added that their impact is still alive! I was binge listening to Hendrix recently.

Yup, like the world'd be a better place if more people listened to Jimmy. :whistling:

My I-don't-mind, he-lives-on, list has Freddie Mercury. And of the living people, the friend who introduced me to him, and the friend who still listens to his songs with me, both publicly active.

I know that's not very 'just google them' topical, but genuinely inspired by and super glad for the influences of, my friends.

Gary Sinise - he does amazing work for our Veterans.
Kayleigh McEnany - a strong intelligent female. I love how she handles the press!!
Chief James Craig - he works his butt off for the city of Detroit. He's tough and fair.

(As of today. Things may change tomorrow ?)

Gary Sinise - he does amazing work for our Veterans.
Kayleigh McEnany - a strong intelligent female. I love how she handles the press!!
Chief James Craig - he works his butt off for the city of Detroit. He's tough and fair.

(As of today. Things may change tomorrow ?)
I love Kayleigh McEnany! How much poise and grace and brilliance and saavy ability to handle those rude spin merchants, does she have! And she's super lovely to look at, too!

@Survivor3... Kaleigh is the White House press secretary. I dont care who you vote for, she is awesome to watch and listen to. She's a pretty little blonde who is tough as nails.

James Craig is Detroit's Chief of Police. He has been doing a great job with the city. He backs his officers and has kept the protests fairly calm. He has a big job and is doing all that he can to keep the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back