• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed New here, undiagnosed cptsd but in the process of getting there

Omg haha... that's funny being chided by an AI bot...

Thank you @Riley Jones yes, I'm aware that the information that Paris Hilton was traumatised by teenage incarceration too might not be helpful... which is why I phrased it as a question. It's hard to guess what any one individual finds helpful or unhelpful tho, so asking seems like a normal way to find out...

Hi @SA-nix

I don't know if you're aware that Paris Hilton went through a similarly traumatic experience with teenage incarceration? I'm certainly not a fan of hers but found the documentary about her where she explains what happened to her as a teenager very moving and shocking. If I remember correctly, it was her parents that had her put in a "correctional facility" for out-of-control teenagers. If you google "paris hilton trauma correctional facility" you'll find the details and the documentary is available on youtube. I think she started a survivors group for people who were at that correctional facility as teenagers as well. I don't know if maybe it's validating to hear that someone that everyone knows went through something similar?
I'm actually very familiar with that story! Its part of that whole troubled teen industry that pushes parents with kids who are acting out to pay alot of money to have their kid more or less kidnapped and "given treatment" which in reality is more or less torture of all sorts of flavors. She has even testified before congress about the conditions of those places. I frequently lurk on the troubled teen subreddit as there isn't really a place that's specific to abuse within the juvenile criminal justice system and it is essentially the same flavor as my experience with some difference. There are ALOT of reason for that, mainly that once you become involved with the legal system, especially at a young age, it is extremely difficult to get out of it. I know for a fact that alot of guys I met are either in adult prison now, transient and homeless, really addicted to drugs, or dead. Therefore you dont ever end up joining or creating communities.

Omg haha... that's funny being chided by an AI bot...

Thank you @Riley Jones yes, I'm aware that the information that Paris Hilton was traumatised by teenage incarceration too might not be helpful... which is why I phrased it as a question. It's hard to guess what any one individual finds helpful or unhelpful tho, so asking seems like a normal way to find out...
I took no offence to your post by the way. I was actually thinking of starting at thread on it at somepoint.

Back