• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Pell Appeals to High Court of Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blackemerald1 That court ruling doesn't get to take your trust in justice as a concept down.

Meant super kindly and fierce protectively of every-vic and everyone defending them and working on preventing of crimes and prosecution and what not.

That there isn't justice for a few people, or in other crimes nations of them, doesn't change that justice is a real thing worth working toward and believing in and bastards of the world & good people of the world having no way or unwilling to deal with the bastards just don't get to wreck that truth.

Justice is real.
It just doesn't get served when it'd be needed most, often.

Three years ago the Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse was held..

George Pell was called before the Commission and rigorously cross examined.

The findings of his knowledge or lack of knowledge was redacted from the Commissions findings whilst all of Pells criminal hearings, appeals etc were being heard. The idea being that whatever may or may not be in those redacted documents might prejudice his proceedings. And fair enough.

Anyway, now that Pells criminal matters have been done and dusted - the Attorney General released all of the redacted documents.

Obviously, the documents are being pawed over by journalists & some of the Commissioners findings have been revealed. Also, quite obviously these documents and findings would never have been withheld if they didn't contain something damning in them in relation to Pell.

And that seems to be the case. The Commission has found that Pell knew about two priest pedophiles that were active within areas he had some kind of charge. What a surprise?? He also had contact with victims and didn't do much about helping them.

Pell has responded tonight by releasing a statement saying 'the Commission has produced no evidence to support it's findings'.

Of course Pell is crying at being the martyr & that none of it is true. Something he is turning into an art form.

Though the High Court may have released Pell - he no longer has the reputation to carry himself through another storm. His piety seems false.

The full release of the Commissions findings will now help substantiate the over one hundred civil actions that have been instigated against the CC & others by victims.

I truly hope that the institutions do not litigate these victims into exhaustion.

His piety seems false.
Catholics who have remained Catholics have done so in spite of all the evidence that their leaders are terrible, horrible people. This report isn't going to change anyone's minds one bit.
I truly hope that the institutions do not litigate these victims into exhaustion.
That's what they always do - outspend and outwait. It usually works.

I'm going to ask for a redress pack from the Commission, just to see what the claims process is, and give myself some time to mull on it.

We have the benefit of hindsight already, I think. The conclusion seems to be: landmark Royal Commission, bringing to light an unfathomable degree of child abuse going on in pretty much every institutional setting that deals with children, a huge opportunity to take on board sweeping changes to the way we deal with that and try and prevent it in the future, and yet...

Not much has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back