• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

71BE8106-4A21-4B4D-9D85-5B869D9B960A.jpeg
2BA5E891-5E24-4FAD-90C6-E8B97AAC2D10.jpeg
A22ADAC7-BD73-4333-89EB-2517C771F78B.jpeg
5C4E0FF6-B0AC-4660-B9C6-72FF6C453B14.jpeg
668FE636-EF31-411C-A98E-189773EDCF3C.jpeg
Life’s a beach

I can be having the worse day, and if I go out and see a heron, everything is better
The way I was raised… herons represent the bridge between worlds. A creature of air AND water. Utilizing earth and fire and smoke. Needing both (air & water) to thrive. Belonging to both. Yet nesting on land. Winging away only when fire touches water… at dawn and dusk… Unless it’s needed/wanted elsewhere. And teaching its children to to bridge the gap. An orphan heron will attempt to learn the ways of it’s adoptive anything… and WILL survive. To only eventually learn it suits all worlds, and all places, and is only at it’s best when each is a part of its life. A heron? Is balance. In all things.

We named “ours” BigBird. From Sesame Street. Because balance. Anything that powerful and monumental needs some lighthearted joy attached. If they’re a creature of balance.

Last edited:
The way I was raised… herons represent the bridge between worlds. A creature of air AND water. Utilizing earth and fire and smoke. Needing both (air & water) to thrive. Belonging to both. Yet nesting on land. Winging away only when fire touches water… at dawn and dusk…
Love them. Such elegant and amazing creatures. Closest I have ever been to one was about 10 feet. It was in a little pond behind a tee box.
Wildlife is one of the reasons I enjoy golf so much. It is unbelievable the amount of wildlife living on golf courses even in the middle of a city.

Hole 9 at Jasper Park Lodge, named Cleopatra (think he most famous feature) Saw my first ever woodland caribou on the golf course that day.
DSCN2068.jpg

herons represent the bridge between worlds. A creature of air AND water. Utilizing earth and fire and smoke. Needing both (air & water) to thrive. Belonging to both. Yet nesting on land. Winging away only when fire touches water… at dawn and dusk… Unless it’s needed/wanted elsewhere. And teaching its children to to bridge the gap. An orphan heron will attempt to learn the ways of it’s adoptive anything… and WILL survive. To only eventually learn it suits all worlds, and all places, and is only at it’s best when each is a part of its life. A heron? Is balance. In all things.
Thank you, @Friday.

Back