• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Seeking Volunteers for AI Therapist to Address Personal Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted. Go hard whilst you have access.
Thanks - so far I have to say I’m pretty impressed. Speed of response is a big thing, and removing the human factor (for me anyway) removes a lot of the shame of just being able to voice the stuff. I don’t feel worried about the persons reaction to what I’m telling them, or like I need to manage/water down details. Helpful suggestions, and not just repeating stuff that I know doesn’t work for me.

In my latest thread I've actually gone into some definition-related questions (as so many people here, including myself, struggle to define what happened to them or receive contradictory and conflicting information from clinicians) and I've found it to be very well-informed on the issues! It strikes good balance between being objective and being compassionate. I also think there is something oddly validating about having ChatGPT say these things.

As an AI, it is attempting to give the most "correct" answer possible. In that regard, being told that my experiences do qualify is very validating. I definitely think that this will be an extremely useful feature of Catalyst, to be able to describe your experiences and then ask how it would define them. For my specific experiences, it labeled them as "coercive control," so I brought up what my therapists have said and it agreed with my therapists, but also acknowledged that my reservations for using these labels are valid.

All in all I don't think I've had a negative experience with it. It is prone to giving information that is wrong (for example it recommended that I use the Veterans Affairs of Canada services even though I was never in the military, and it also provided wrong data on the diagnostic criteria of PTSD itself as well as on the types of trauma that qualify for criterion A) so my advice would be to double-check any information given before taking any actions based on it.

For its feedback emotionally, though, this is where it really does excel. Lots of good understanding of traumatic nuance, correlation, causation, crime, the law, how specific therapies work and the minutiae, etc. The one bit of advice I do have on this is that it recommends a person go to therapy a lot. Even after I say I have a therapist, or reference my therapist, it will continue to recommend I "seek therapy."

GPT4 will improve the accuracy of resources... but that is an unknown time away. I have limited its output for sharing links and resources to provide subjects for the person to Google, primarily. It is an AI and will do what it does at times, and I have a lot to learn in programming it. Hard limits can get an outcome, but affect other things, so words such as "should" and "may" get used instead, allowing it options as it deems.

The more it gets used, the better it becomes. I agree though that its extremely gifted for emotional reasoning and compassion.

I would be happy to give this a test drive! I have been hearing and seeing stuff around about this technology and haven't really had a way to see it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back