1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Stressor - i hurt a patient tonight.

Discussion in 'Military & Emergency Services' started by FragileGlass, Nov 2, 2017.

1. FragileGlass

FragileGlass Active Member

@Freida

I always jokingly refer myself as third responder, its because while I do deal with difficult situations, I flip to supporter often. While first responder and medical staff are in active recovery of patient, I am with family maintaining control so that medical teams can do what they need to save a life without interference of family in the trauma rooms. Although, I have been known to provide full CPR or airway support. While I do suffer from my time in the ER, the time i have supported allows me an amazing ability to share stories so that supporters understand what us uniforms see or why we don't share anything. There is a crazy irrationality to what we experience. If i can help supporters understand us, maybe i can help save some relationships for my fellow sufferers in uniform. Call it part of my therapy :)

Buttercup, Freida and mumstheword like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.