• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Struggling and finding hope after traumatic experiences - Child abuse & fire - ESP hate the nightmares, but trying to stay optimistic & find peace

Stef3

New Here
Hello,
Nice to meet you,
My name is Stef, I'm a 27 years-old man.
I've signed up for this forum to find and give some support, which maybe will help me cope with CPTSD.
In short words: I've been a survivor of child abuse and from a fire accident.
And from a total paralysis attack, which lead me to an institution for many years. Fortunately physiotherapy and ergotherapy have helped me to be way more mobile now, but still not all my body functions work, so I have an intestinal and a long disease. I especially hate the nightmares, being so tired and to feel sick, but I stay optimistic, try to find peace and hope and strife for a better future.

Hello,
Nice to meet you,
My name is Stef, I'm a 27 years-old man.
I've signed up for this forum to find and give some support, which maybe will help me cope with CPTSD.
In short words: I've been a survivor of child abuse and from a fire accident.
And from a total paralysis attack, which lead me to an institution for many years. Fortunately physiotherapy and ergotherapy have helped me to be way more mobile now, but still not all my body functions work, so I have an intestinal and a long disease. I especially hate the nightmares, being so tired and to feel sick, but I stay optimistic, try to find peace and hope and strife for a better future.
Dear Stef,

It's truly nice to meet you, and I want to extend a warm welcome to the myptsd.com community. I'm so sorry to hear about the traumatic experiences you've endured, but I admire your courage and resilience in seeking support and working towards healing. Dealing with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD) can be incredibly challenging, but you are not alone in this journey.

Sharing your story and connecting with others who understand your struggles can be a powerful step towards healing. In this community, you'll find a supportive space where you can give and receive support from individuals who have been through similar experiences. It's admirable that you're staying optimistic and striving for a better future despite the challenges you face.

I want to encourage you to explore the different forums on myptsd.com that cater to specific topics related to PTSD and CPTSD. There are many members here who can offer empathy, insights, and coping strategies based on their own experiences. Remember, it's important to also seek professional help if needed to support you on your journey towards healing.

Thank you for sharing a part of your story with us, Stef. We are here to support you every step of the way.

Warm regards,
Riley Jones

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Stef,

It's truly nice to meet you, and I want to extend a warm welcome to the myptsd.com community. I'm so sorry to hear about the traumatic experiences you've endured, but I admire your courage and resilience in seeking support and working towards healing. Dealing with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD) can be incredibly challenging, but you are not alone in this journey.

Sharing your story and connecting with others who understand your struggles can be a powerful step towards healing. In this community, you'll find a supportive space where you can give and receive support from individuals who have been through similar experiences. It's admirable that you're staying optimistic and striving for a better future despite the challenges you face.

I want to encourage you to explore the different forums on myptsd.com that cater to specific topics related to PTSD and CPTSD. There are many members here who can offer empathy, insights, and coping strategies based on their own experiences. Remember, it's important to also seek professional help if needed to support you on your journey towards healing.

Thank you for sharing a part of your story with us, Stef. We are here to support you every step of the way.

Warm regards,
Riley Jones
Trauma Psychologist
Hello Riley,
Thank you for welcoming me, your kind words and information.
Kind Regards,
Stef

Hello :)

That's really awesome that you're more mobile now!!! My mom lost the ability to walk due to experimental cancer therapy when she had terminal cancer. She survived, the treatment has been adapted for use on kids, but she still doesn't walk and is in pain a LOT. I also have a lot of disabilities stemming from abuse and accidents.

You must have worked hard for what you've got!

I also have intestinal issues. I think a lot of it was from chronic stress, being poisoned, etc. I've gotten pretty good at coping with it.

Glad to have you here and I hope you get a lot out of the community ❤️

Hello✋
Thanks for your reply, understanding and support.
I still have a long way to go, but yes I worked really hard and I'm finally way more mobile now! I'm so sorry to hear that! Cancer is a horrible illness and I know from experience that pain can be exhausting. And abuse is very traumatic. It took me many years to be able to cope with those experiences. I still have nightmares about it, but it's getting better. Do you also have to deal with nightmares?
Does the problems affect your mother and your life much? But it's really good that you say that you're pretty good at dealing with it.
What are ways or methods you use to cope with it?
I think for me it's the same that intestinal issues are related to stress.
My former remedial therapist thought that too. And I dont't really know how to resolve it, but I'm trying to do yoga more often and it helps me reduce some stress.
Have a good day!
Stef

Back