• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Thrown off my schedule 🫤

BuildingSelf24

Confident
I’ve come to realize that my symptoms lessen around people that I feel safer around. They still flare up occasionally but are less intense. But now I’m so focused on interacting that I’m losing control of my schedule and other things I’m supposed to be doing. I’ve had this happen at work as well. I’m less triggered and can get through the day with less mistakes but now I hyperfocus on certain things, focusing on unnecessary details.

Is this a good sign or just a different side of the coin in terms of CPTSD and dissociative symptoms?

This also happens to me. It’s massively frustrating cause it seems to be more noticeable (obviously) when I really need to focus on the task at hand rather than be swept up in minutiae. In my circumstance it also worsens when there’s an increase in the number of interactions I have to navigate. Which then usually results in mental shutdown and numbness when I get to alone time.

I haven’t a clue if it’s a good sign. The way I look at it is that it’s an indicator that my cup might be filling, full, or overflowing. Then it should prompt me to address that, however it doesn’t always happen….or I ignore it.

This also happens to me. It’s massively frustrating cause it seems to be more noticeable (obviously) when I really need to focus on the task at hand rather than be swept up in minutiae. In my circumstance it also worsens when there’s an increase in the number of interactions I have to navigate. Which then usually results in mental shutdown and numbness when I get to alone time.

I haven’t a clue if it’s a good sign. The way I look at it is that it’s an indicator that my cup might be filling, full, or overflowing. Then it should prompt me to address that, however it doesn’t always happen….or I ignore it.
Yea. I only notice seem to notice it when it’s too long and I’m not sure how to interpret or handle it. If it’s a sign of becoming overwhelmed, that would make sense and I can pull away or take a break. Thank you for your response! It helps!

One of the most useful things to me in the early days, 20 some odd years ago, was attending uni with an infant.

It meant that my schedule changed every 3 months, and that I HAD TO adapt, and adapt quickly.

Prior to that? I'd fallen into my 'best' schedule, worked out over several years. Nothing short of c4 could have changed my ideas around it / what I "needed".

School & a baby? Meant I never had my "best" schedule... instead? I had a whole durn series of bests (woot! NOT singular!) & near bests & became adaptive as hell, being able to Tetris things in my life around, to provide both what I needed and wanted. Crazy freedom. Born of necessity + practice.

So if your schedule is getting out of whack because of GOOD things in your life? Try moving things around. Tweaking this, nudging that, turning this one here on its head, entirely. Tetris.

Some attempts won't work, and that's cool... because they'll give you a better idea of what you need to make other things work, at all to even better.

One of the most useful things to me in the early days, 20 some odd years ago, was attending uni with an infant.

It meant that my schedule changed every 3 months, and that I HAD TO adapt, and adapt quickly.

Prior to that? I'd fallen into my 'best' schedule, worked out over several years. Nothing short of c4 could have changed my ideas around it / what I "needed".

School & a baby? Meant I never had my "best" schedule... instead? I had a whole durn series of bests (woot! NOT singular!) & near bests & became adaptive as hell, being able to Tetris things in my life around, to provide both what I needed and wanted. Crazy freedom. Born of necessity + practice.

So if your schedule is getting out of whack because of GOOD things in your life? Try moving things around. Tweaking this, nudging that, turning this one here on its head, entirely. Tetris.

Some attempts won't work, and that's cool... because they'll give you a better idea of what you need to make other things work, at all to even better.
You’re right. It’s just that the schedule is the only way I actually have time to do certain things for myself otherwise I forget. My trauma brain makes me crap at prioritizing in the moment so the schedule helps take that off my hands.

Back